|Appearances||Ultimate Mortal Kombat|
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat Advance
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Mortal Kombat Trilogy: "Thought to have been vanquished in the Shaolin Tournament, Sub-Zero mysteriously returns. It's believed this secretive member of the Lin Kuei, a legendary clan of Chinese "ninjas", has returned to again attempt an assassination of Shang Tsung. To do so, he must fight his way through Shao Kahn's tournament."
- Ice Freeze: Sub-Zero sends a blast of ice horizontally towards the opponent to temporarily freeze them in place for a free hit. He could also freeze opponents in midair, if timed correctly. If Sub-Zero were to freeze the opponent twice, the second iceball would defrost the opponent and freeze Sub-Zero, setting him up for a free hit. (UMK3, MKT)
- Slide: Sub-Zero slides across the floor, knocking the opponent off their feet. (UMK3, MKT)
- Ground Ice: Sub-Zero freezes the floor and whoever steps on the circle of ice will temporarily slip all over the place, setting the opponent up for a free hit. (UMK3, MKT)
- Ice Clone: Sub-Zero creates an ice clone of himself anywhere he chooses, and anyone who touches it will freeze. (MKT (N64))
- Ice Shower: Sub-Zero shoots ice straight overhead which falls back down atop his opponent. (MKT (N64))
- Head Rip: Sub-Zero punches into an opponent's neck, and tears out their spine and skull. The screen blacks out before he separates the spine, parodying the controversy that first surrounded the Fatality. (UMK3, MKT)
- Ice Stalagmite: Sub-Zero uppercuts his opponent, immediately freezes the ground to form an Ice Stalagmite and the opponent falls and gets impaled on it. (MKT)
- Friendship: Sub-Zero winds up a box which makes a giant snowman head pop out of it scaring off his opponent. (MKT)
- Animality: Sub-Zero turns into a polar bear and mauls his opponent. (MKT)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Mortal Kombat Trilogy: (Non-canonical) "Having been killed in the first tournament, Sub-Zero somehow seems to have emerged to win the third tournament. However, upon removing his mask both the Outworld and the Earth-born warriors are shocked to discover the true identity of this warrior. A warrior who has long been missing from a previous Mortal Kombat, and one who will return in the fourth tournament."
- Performing Classic Sub-Zero's Spine Rip in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 as Shang Tsung causes the latter to unmorph and reappear in the blackness.
- His biography screen is almost identical to the younger Sub-Zero's in Mortal Kombat II.
- In UMK3, Classic Sub-Zero, along with Scorpion, is one of the only two characters who have a censored Fatality.
- The combination for the Ice Stalagmite is an inverted version of the Spine Rip's.
- Strangely, many sites that list Fatality combinations have the Ice Stalagmite listed as Unknown.
- He shares his Animality with the unmasked Sub-Zero in all versions of Trilogy.
- In the N64 version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, he had the unmasked Sub-Zero's special moves, along with his own. This happened because both Sub-Zeros had to be merged, since the cartridge's ROM memory was very limited. The PlayStation, PC and Sega Saturn versions have them separated with their correct movesets.
- Attempted to assassinate Shang Tsung.
- Scislac Busorez: This stage is named after Classic Sub-Zero (Scislac Busorez is an anagram of Classic and Sub-Zero (without a hyphen)). This is where he is fought and unlocked in UMK3.