|Real Name||Kuai Liang|
|Species||Undead (formerly Cyborg)|
|Alignment||Unwillingly Evil (Formerly Good)|
—Cyber Sub-Zero to Noob Saibot
- Mortal Kombat (2011): "An assassin of the Lin Kuei clan, Kuai Liang commands the power of ice and cold. Unlike other members of his clan, he and his older brother, Bi-Han, were abducted as children by the Lin Kuei and trained in the techniques of assassination throughout their lives. Though his codename is Tundra, he has now assumed the mantle of Sub-Zero to honor his brother after Bi-Han's mysterious death. With the help of his fellow Lin Kuei Smoke, Sub-Zero tirelessly hunts the one who killed his brother."
During the Earthrealm invasion, Sub-Zero appears in his automated form as Cyber Sub-Zero. He attacks Kabal but is defeated. At Smoke's request, he is brought to Jax, who removes the slaving protocols in his CPU, giving him his free will back. He regrets all the things he did for Shao Kahn, so he joins the Earthrealm warriors, and goes to spy on Outworld. After a brief discussion, Sektor orders Sub-Zero to go on a mission with him. He informs Sub-Zero that he scanned his neural net, and knows he has been reprogrammed. Sektor ordered him to open his access panel, but he attacks him instead, starting a fight between the two, which Sektor loses.
By searching in the defeated Sektor's data banks, he discovers the location of Kano, Kintaro, and Goro. He finds the three of them in the Bell Tower torturing soldiers. After a failed attempt to get information, he freezes the three of them, and frees the soldiers. After they escape, Kintaro and Goro break free of the ice they were trapped in, leaving Sub-Zero to fight both. He does so, and emerges victorious. The freed soldiers are then pushed back by Ermac. Sub-Zero warns them to stay back, then fights and defeats him. After asking the soldiers their next location, he goes to the graveyard. The soldiers wish him good luck, another jokingly saying he didn't need it.
In the graveyard, Sub-Zero comes across Quan Chi and Noob Saibot as Chi conjures up a spell to create a Soulnado. When he confronts Noob, he discovers that Noob is his older brother. After Noob relinquishes any family ties with him, they fight, with Sub-Zero emerging victorious and claiming that he was right: they are no longer brothers. At Nightwolf's advice, he reports back to Raiden. When Raiden leaves with Liu Kang to try to talk to the Elder Gods, he is left under Nightwolf's command. Some seconds later, he detects the Lin Kuei Cyborgs, and they are ambushed. After they dispatch the Cyborgs, Sindel appears and states that she "will finish what the Lin Kuei did not". The Earthrealm warriors engage her in battle, and he, along with most of them, is killed when Sindel destroys his circuits. He is later resurrected by Quan Chi to serve him in the Netherrealm. Smoke, Jade and Cyber Sub- Zero prepare to fight Raiden, but then Raiden has to deal with the Emperor Shao Kahn.
Although Sub-Zero's ending has no dialog, it shows that after he defeats Shao Kahn he feels a certain rush overcome him. Shao Kahn's soul tortures his mind from the afterlife and inhabits his body. He upgrades his armour with motifs similar to those of the defeated emperor's. Shao Kahn lives.
This is later referenced in the PlayStation Vita version of Mortal Kombat, as a mission in the Bonus Challenge Tower titled "Cyber Shao Kahn", in which you play as Cyber Sub-Zero, but with Shao Kahn's moveset, against Shao Kahn, and your main objective is to defeat him and finish him with a fatality.
- Brother of Bi-Han, the elder Sub-Zero.
- Abducted as a boy by the Lin Kuei.
- Friend and ally of Smoke.
- Automated by Lin Kuei cyborgs.
- Defeated by Kabal.
- Regained his humanity after reprogramming by the Earthrealm warriors.
- Worked as an undercover spy for the Earthrealm warriors.
- Defeated Sektor after he realized Sub-Zero's soul had been restored.
- Froze Kano, Goro, and Kintaro but later, the two Shokan broke free and challenged Sub-Zero, with him defeating them both.
- Defeated Ermac.
- Encountered Bi-Han, now Noob Saibot, and defeated him in combat.
- Defeated the Lin Kuei cyborgs along with the Earthrealm warriors.
- Killed by Sindel.
- Resurrected by Quan Chi to serve him.