|Real Name|| Uxas|
Dark Side (alter ego)
|Allies||Shao Kahn (as Dark Kahn)|
|Appearances||Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe|
Darkseid is a fictional character, a comic book supervillain that appears in the pages of DC Comics. One of the few DC characters chosen to appear in the crossover video game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, his position as one of the New Gods endows him with the powers of a god. Coupled with his evil intentions of enslaving the universe, Darkseid represents one of the single greatest threats to be present in the DC Universe. Alongside Shao Kahn, who he is accidentally merged with to create Dark Kahn, he serves as the main villain of the game.
A ruthless despot, Darkseid rules over the perpetually burning planet known as Apokolips. Obsessed with discovering the "Anti-Life Equation", he plans to use it to complete his quest for absolute power, and rule over all life in the universe. Nearly invulnerable, his powers include the ability to project Omega Beams from his eyes-dark rays with the power to alter, transport, and incinerate everything that he may come into contact with. In the 1980s cartoons, he seems to have a desire to make Wonder Woman his queen, similar to how Shao Kahn had the same desire for Sindel.
Mortal Kombat vs DC UniverseEdit
Darkseid is one of the two key villains, alongside Shao Kahn. During the climax of Darkseid's attempted invasion of Earth, Superman sends him spiraling into the pavement with a mighty blow to the skull. After descending, Lex Luthor appears to comment on Superman's performance. Superman doesn't seem pleased, and threatens to drag Luthor to prison for apparently aiding Darkseid to begin with. While he is distracted, Darkseid prepares to flee via a Boom Tube. Superman reacts quickly by using his heat vision to destroy the gateway, but only manages to disrupt it. Darkseid is abruptly sucked into it, and merges with Shao Kahn (who was being subjected to a similar treatment by Raiden), becoming the all-powerful Dark Kahn.
Dark Kahn began fusing the two universes (Mortal Kombat's universe and DC Universe) into one, feeding from the combat between the two sides. His ultimate goal was to obliterate both worlds to end his suffering. However, Raiden and Superman came together in the final moments (by overcoming the combat rage) and defeated Dark Kahn, purging both universes of his wicked taint.
Afterwards, once the merger had ceased, Raiden and his warriors discover Darkseid has remained on their side. Raiden takes Darkseid to the Elder Gods, where they pass judgment on the lord of Apokolips by imprisoning him in the Netherrealm. But, according to his ending, Darkseid frees himself when Shang Tsung's scheme to snatch Darkseid's soul goes awry. Instead, Darkseid absorbs Tsung's power into himself, becoming strong enough to break the chains that bind him. Pleading for his life, Shang Tsung pledges his alliance to Darkseid.
- Omega Beam: Darkseid unleashes his signature "Omega Beams" at his opponent.
- Anti-Air Omega Beam: Darkseid blast an aerial opponent with his Omega Beams.
- Omega Tremor: Darkseid slams his fist into the ground creating a shockwave. The move strikes an opponent twice, once with his fists and second with the shockwave.
- Omega Knee: Darkseid leaps at his opponent, causing him/her to fall.
- Omega Force: Darkseid leaps high into the air and then comes down like a meteor, creating a shockwave and possibly landing on his opponent. If timed right, and the two correct attack buttons are pressed, Darkseid will headbutt the opponent if he lands on them.
- MK vs DCU (Non-canonical): "Imprisoned in the Netherrealm, Darkseid was left vulnerable. Shang Tsung attempted to steal Darkseid's soul, a source of immense power. In the midst of the magical assault, however, Darkseid reversed the soul drain, reducing Shang Tsung to a whithered old man. Empowered by Shang Tsung's magic, Darkseid broke free of his bonds. Shang Tsung hastly pledged allegiance to Darkseid in an attempt to spare his own life."