|In Mortal Kombat|
|Weapons||Dragon Teeth (MK:D, MK:A)|
|Fighting Styles|| Xing Yi (MK:D)|
Yuan Yang (MK:A)
|Games|| Mortal Kombat: Deception|
Mortal Kombat: Unchained
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Mortal Kombat (2011) (cameo)
—Kira's Mortal Kombat: Deception Biography
Kira made her debut in Mortal Kombat: Deception as the first of Kabal's recruits for the new Black Dragon. Her character is courageous and her background depicts her as having the ability to take great risks. She possesses a rationality and levelheadedness that contrasts her fellow recruit, the hot-blooded Kobra.
In-game, Kira uses special moves and fighting styles taken directly from Kano and Sonya's appearances in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance; as a result, she was labeled as being a somewhat unoriginal character by the MK fanbase.
Powers and abilities
Kira is a skilled combatant. As previously mentioned, she can utilize Kano's Cannonball technique and Sonya's Kiss of Death, as well as utilize a purple fireball as a low projectile. She appears to be stronger than her fellow Black Dragon member Kobra, as her Deception ending depicts her as defeating him in one-on-one kombat to prove their worth to Kabal.
- Black Dragon Ball: Borrowing this technique from Kano, Kira hurls herself forward as a ball which knocks her opponent down. (MK:D, MK:A)
- Kiss Of Death: Kira blows forward a purple mist, similar to Sonya's signature moves. The mist will temporary blind her opponent, allowing for a free hit or combo. However, this move doesn't affect Kenshi, due to him already being blind. (MK:D, MK:A)
- Night Shade: Kira crouches down and releases a purplish projectile forward. (MK:D, MK:A)
- Torso Rip: Kira throws her Dragon Teeth, two small serrated daggers, into her opponent's feet, then struts toward her adversary and rips their body in half at the waist, before tossing it away. (MK:D)
- Dragon's Shotgun: Kira slices her opponent twice across the neck, then delivers a powerful kick, which knocks the opponents head off and sends them across the arena. (MK:D)
- Hara-Kiri: Knives Stab: She stabs herself in the kidneys, and collapses in a faceplant. (MK:D)
- Her Dragon Teeth weapon style, Xing Yi fighting style, and Black Dragon Ball special move were imported from Kano's Deadly Alliance appearance. The Dragon Teeth were used by Kano as Butterfly Knives. Her Kenpo fighting style and Kiss of Death special move were used by Sonya in the same game.
- Kira's Dragon Teeth closely resemble the knife Kano wielded in the first Mortal Kombat film. The knife itself is known as the "Raptor" and was designed by Gil Hibben.
- Her sole original special move was the Night Shade projectile, a low-trajectory, fuchsia-colored fireball.
- Kira is a corruption of the word "killer" that occurs when the word is written in Kana (Japanese characters) and then written again in the roman alphabet.
- Kira is the the first female Black Dragon member who is playable.
Mortal Kombat: Deception
- Her biography card was not included in the Deception game itself, nor on the Collector's Edition bonus disc. It was later made available for viewing at Midway's official site.
- If the player finishes off an opponent using Kira's Dragon Teeth, a glitch occurs where they inexplicably disappear during her victory pose, because she is supposed to hold them during it.
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
- In Konquest Mode, she abandons Kobra during his fight against Taven.
- Her fighting style is Yuan Yang, which was originally used by Frost as her second fighting style in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Mortal Kombat: Unchained.
Mortal Kombat (2011)
- In one of the older patches, Kira was seen chained in Kahn's Arena in Skarlet's place in her alternate costume from Mortal Kombat: Deception/Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Now, if player chooses to play as Skarlet, no one is chained in her place. Kira is however seen in the PlayStation Vita Version.