|Real Name||Bi-Han (Noob)|
Tomas Vrbada (Smoke)
|Origin||Noob Saibot: Earthrealm|
(reborn in the Netherrealm)
Smoke: Unwillingly Evil (Formerly Good)
|Appearances||Mortal Kombat: Deception|
Noob Saibot and Smoke debuted as a tag-team in Mortal Kombat: Deception. Their goal as a partnership (though Noob Saibot's personal storyline depicts Smoke as having no real opinion in their decisions together, due to his reprogramming) is to harvest Smoke's nanotechnology which he inherited through automation, manifest inhabitants of the Netherrealm with it and subsequently form an army of cyborg-demons.
The tag-team of Noob-Smoke appears as the sub-boss of Deception.
Every other playable character in Deception has two fighting styles and one weapon. However, instead of switching fighting styles, Noob-Smoke switches characters, and doesn't have a weapon-based fighting style.
Prior to their union, Noob Saibot and Smoke had no known previous affiliations with each other, except for the fact that they were both Lin Kuei warriors in their lifetimes. Noob Saibot was the original Sub-Zero (and the older brother of Kuai Liang, the younger Sub-Zero), whereas Smoke was the close friend of the younger Sub-Zero. Following his death, the original Sub-Zero would eventually become the demonic wraith known as Noob Saibot, while Smoke would be captured by his own ninja clan and was automated into a cyborg, programmed to seek and terminate his close friend (who had fled the Lin Kuei).
Both warriors were present during the events of Mortal Kombat 3 (and its variations), in which Noob Saibot (under the orders of his new master, Shinnok) was to spy on the events of Mortal Kombat, and feign an allegiance to Shao Kahn - for the time being. Smoke had gained Sub-Zero's assistance in regaining his memories and learned that he still had a soul. His soul was able to override his programming and thus became an ally of Sub-Zero's once more. Whether Smoke was able to fight alongside Raiden's forces or not is unclear; what is known is that Smoke was eventually captured by Kahn's minions and locked away in the prisons of Kahn's fortress, apparently a war trophy for the emperor. Smoke was shut down, and remained inactive for many years.
During the aftermath of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and the beginnings of Mortal Kombat: Deception, the leaderless Noob Saibot found Smoke's inactive body in a prison cell. Realizing that Smoke would be the perfect template for Noob's ambition to create an army of cyber demons and to rule the Netherrealm, Noob Saibot reprogrammed Smoke and reactivated him, thus allowing his body to reshape (due to his nanotechnological upgrades). He programmed Smoke to obey him and only him without question. The two then headed for Outworld, where Noob Saibot began his journey to ultimate power.Noob and Smoke were then split off into separate individual fighters for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. In the game's Konquest mode, however, they are seen working together to infiltrate the Lin Kuei temple, which involved a fight with the Tengu that is only alluded to in the actual gameplay. As Sub-Zero and Taven come to an understanding, Smoke invades and converts Lin Kuei warriors into Shadow Assassins, prompting Sub-Zero and Taven to fight them off. Taven defeats Smoke, who departs to inform Noob Saibot of his failure. Taven then encounters and defeats Noob Saibot (who has apparently defeated Sub-Zero during the absence). Taven leaves the unconscious Noob with Sub-Zero as he continues on his quest.
It is as of yet unknown as to whether Sub-Zero was successful in cleansing his brother's soul or not. However, in the introduction to Armageddon, Smoke is seen fighting alongside the Forces of Light, whilst Noob is shown within the Forces of Darkness. This suggests that whilst Sub-Zero may have successfully restored Smoke, Noob managed to escape the cleansing process. It is also unknown if Noob Saibot has given up his plans for world domination or if they have been merely postponed.
As the characters are separated in Armageddon, they each have a separate ending. In Smoke's ending, he transforms into a living cloud-like being that calls itself "Smoke". In Noob Saibot's, Noob is transported to an arena where his entity does battle with the Sub-Zero he was before he was killed by Scorpion over control of Noob's soul. What emerges from the confrontation is only known to be something new.
Both Noob Saibot and Smoke were killed during Armageddon.
- Deception: (In Noob's words) "Under Shao Kahn's rule, I hunted enemies of his throne. As a member of the Brotherhood of Shadow, I did Quan Chi's bidding. All the while serving Shinnok, Lord of the Netherrealm, as well. Now all my masters are gone; I am at long last free to pursue my own destiny. Outworld is where I will begin my ascension to power. Now is the time to forge a legion of assassins loyal only to Noob Saibot. I found my first "ally" in the abandoned fortress of Shao Kahn. Deep in the labyrinth of torture chambers and prison cells, the cyborg ninja Smoke, lay inoperative. A war trophy of the late Emperor, Smoke had lain there since the invasion of Earthrealm. It did not take long for me to reactivate his technology, which reshaped and repaired his artificial body."
- (Noob) Death From Above: Smoke or Noob Saibot summon the other, who then appears and kicks the opponent in the face from the air.
- (Noob) Dark Shadows: Smoke or Noob summons the other, who punches the opponent from behind.
- (Smoke) Smokeycut: Smoke disappears under the ground and reappears the other side of his opponent, hitting them in the chin with a rising uppercut from beneath.
- (Smoke) Stinky Cloud: Smoke dodges back, leaving a cloud of black smoke in his former position, which chokes the opponent if they get caught in it.
- (Smoke) Dark Assassin: Noob appears behind Smoke, and throws his shurikens at the foe.
- We Live (Double Robo-Punch): Noob and Smoke both dash at their foe with a combined punch.
- (Noob) Darkness: Noob Saibot becomes invisible (or reappears as the case may be).
- Switch Up: Smoke or Noob Saibot summon the other person, to take over the battle.
- Smoke Death: Smoke disappears from sight, after which he hits his enemy in the head, startling them. He then somehow manages to rip off their arms, before knocking their head off. He then becomes visible again. (MK:D).
- Shuriken Slam: Noob holds a stack of shurikens in one hand and throws them at his opponent with the other, before finally throwing what remains of the stack into his opponent's head. (MK:D)
- Hara-Kiri: Noob Saibot: Having taken to using shurikens in this game, Noob Saibot simply throws them upwards and lets them fall back down on his head. (MK:D)
- Hara-Kiri: Smoke: In a move similar to Cyrax's Fatality in MK3, Smoke presses the self-destruct mechanism on his arm console and explodes. (MK:D)
- Deception: (Semi-Canonical) "With Smoke as his template, Noob Saibot planned to return to the Netherrealm and use Smoke's nanotechnology to create an army of cyborg demons. He was unaware that they were followed by someone Noob had not seen since before he became a wraith. Smoke instantly recognized their visitor. He was an echo of their past. He was Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot's brother. Noob Saibot was surprised to see how much stronger his brother had become. If he were still Lin Kuei, still human, he would probably have shown some degree of pride. But, as Raiden had revealed during the ordeal with Shinnok's Amulet, his soul had been tainted when he died at the hand of Scorpion. Noob Saibot, the original Sub-Zero, had descended into the Netherrealm free from compassion. He ordered Smoke to assist him in slaying his brother - his first act as ruler of the Netherrealm."
- Teamed up against Sub-Zero in the Netherrealm, who was saved by Sareena's timely intervention.
- Allied with Quan Chi.
- Split up, with Smoke attacking Taven in the Lin Kuei palace, who ultimately defeated the cyber-ninja.
- Noob defeated Sub-Zero in another part of the palace.
- Noob was then defeated by Taven.
- Smoke was supposedly restored to his true nature by Sub-Zero, but Noob seemingly managed to escape Sub-Zero's grasp.
- They are the only sub-bosses who can be played without cheats or mods.
- Due to the new tag system in MK 2011, Noob-Smoke can be reformed.
- In Challenge #191 of the Challenge Tower in MK 2011, the player faces off against Noob and Smoke as a tag team duo.
- If Kenshi or the Compatibility Pack #2 are purchased in MK 2011, you also get Noob and Smoke's classic skins. When selecting Noob Saibot, press Start after selecting his classic MKII skin and instead of having his shadow assist him on throws, X-Ray Move and Fatalities, it will be Smoke in his MKII skin instead. 
- Strangely, Noob-Smoke's canonical primary costume in Deception was actually their alternate costume. Their respective individual primary and secondary costumes were switched to their rightful places in Armageddon.