|Place of Origin||Earthrealm|
|Appearances|| Mortal Kombat: Deception|
Mortal Kombat: Unchained
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
The Sky Temple was a large tower-like temple located in Earthrealm.
The Sky Temple, located in Earthrealm, serves as a place of meditation for Raiden. The roof of the Sky Temple is adorned by his War Hammer, which behaves much like a lightning rod. The Sky Temple is 1,666ft tall.
OverviewEditThe Sky Temple is a multi-level tower that premiered in Mortal Kombat: Deception and reappeared in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Kombatants would start off on the tower's roof, where they had the option of wielding Raiden's War Hammer as an arena weapon. From any side of the roof, a kombatant could push their opponent over the edge and onto a lower balcony.
On the lower balcony, were three sides from which a kombatant could again push their opponent—this time, to their deaths as they plunge to the ground far below. Once they hit the ground, they snap to pieces and their head hits the screen, then falls back and squirts blood.
When some characters are pushed into the death trap, they will stop screaming long enough to utter out some last words.
- "OH MY GOD! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING TO ME!" - said by Jax in Armageddon. Blaze also say this line in the same game, although it is not as easy to understand.
- "Aww, man, this is gonna suck!" - said by Havik in Deception and Taven in Armageddon.
- "SUCK IT!!" - said by Ermac in both games.
- "AH GOD!!" - said by Rain, Cyrax and Sektor in Armageddon.
- The Sky Temple was inspired by and in part modeled after the Sears Tower (also known as the Willis Tower.) The Sears/Willis Tower, like the Sky Temple, is 1,666 feet tall and, like Midway Games, is located in Chicago.
- The arena itself intimidates most fighters as stated above.
- There will always be red blood splattered upon impact into the ground regardless of the characters blood color.