|Location||Shao Kahn's Fortress, Outworld|
|Games|| Mortal Kombat 3|
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat Gold
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Mortal Kombat (2011)
The Emperor Shao Kahn met with his allies (presumably) in this chamber which was located above the dungeons and below the Balcony arena, but he has already moved his meeting to Shao Kahn's Throne Room atop his fortress. The Soul Chamber pays host to a giant tree. A swirl of kombatants' tormented souls spins within its open mouth as players do battle with each other, under the watch of Shao Kahn's loyal, royal Shadow Priests in the background.
In Mortal Kombat (2011), the Soul Chamber returns as the updated version of itself: a cavernous chamber with a strange statue head of a smiling and roaring horned beast with a swirl of screaming tortured souls spinning in its mouth, with somewhat living tentacles on its back and with Shao Kahn's royal Shadow Priests as still, the Soul Chamber's background characters. The Soul Chamber itself is, as confirmed in the game's story, where the warrior Ermac, who was created by Emperor Shao Kahn, begins his rejuvenation process.
- In Mortal Kombat 3's development, its background was different; the tree had red eyes and a big green flare.
- The design of the Soul Chamber is somewhat loosely or completely based on the Soul Tombs.
- In the art book from the Kollector's Edition of Mortal Kombat (2011), it states that the stage was in Mortal Kombat II, when it is actually from Mortal Kombat 3.
- Also in Mortal Kombat (2011)'s Story Mode, it is in the Mortal Kombat II storyline.
- In the first Mortal Kombat film, the statue that gave Reptile his ninja body looks very much like the face of the soul chamber statue.
- In MK3, a glitch occurs involving this stage. When a player is uppercutted in this stage, they are immediately sent to the Balcony. When a fight ends in the Balcony, the next stage takes place in the Bridge, followed by the Soul Chamber. However, if a fight taking place in the Soul Chamber does not end with an uppercut sending the opponent to the Balcony, the next stage will take place in Shao Kahn's Tower.