Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In times past, the many books were unlocked and abused for the powers they contained which resulted in the Elder Gods destroying many of the separate books. However, they allowed one book to survive and took the powers of the destroyed ones whereupon they placed it in the last of the Tao Te Zhan. They would place a powerful spell on the book which kept it permanently closed and hid it somewhere deep within the mountains in the hope that no one would find it again.
There would be legends of the great book which became known as the only one of its kind but it required a great deal of power to open the book in the first place due to the spell placed on it to keep it closed. This was done by the Elder Gods to prevent anyone, whether they were good or evil, from using the book.
Upon unlocking the book, the reader needed to solve each of the riddles in order to advance to the next page.
- “You may swallow me, but I may swallow you.” Answer: Water. This riddle was solved by Liu Kang in Blood and Thunder #4.
- “Ten men’s length, ten men’s strength. Ten men can’t bear it, yet a little boy walks off with it.” Answer: Rope. This riddle was solved by Scorpion in Blood and Thunder #5.
- “What is it that overcomes you and you never see it?” Answer: Sleep. This riddle was solved by Johnny Cage in Blood and Thunder #5.
- “What bridge is built without any stone or wood?” Answer: Ice. This riddle was solved by Sub-Zero in Blood and Thunder #5.
- Unknown, but this riddle was evidently solved by Sub-Zero between Blood and Thunder #5 and #6.
- "What is it that is larger than a house, and yet seems much lesser than a mouse?” Answer: A star. This riddle was solved by Johnny Cage in Blood and Thunder #5.
- “What belongs to you, but others use it more than you do?” Answer: Your name. This riddle was solved by Goro in Tournament Edition.
By solving the final riddle, Goro temporarily achieved the power of the Tao Te Zhan. Raiden and Shang Tsung, realizing the dangers of this overpowered Goro, are forced to work together to remove it and reseal the book.
- Blood and Thunder Comic Series
- Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition Comic Book