This new arena is an outdoor, Asian, Outworld themed arena that features candles, waterfalls, plants, a shrine, and statues of Goro, Shang Tsung, Baraka, and Kano, lie beyond the main area. Making up the surrounding arena is a combination of the Pit I, Palace Gates and Warrior Shrine areas from Mortal Kombat, with two warriors fighting on the walkway of the Pit. Like some other stages, there is a day and night version.
Gameplay in Shang Tsung's Garden was first seen in Playstation XTreme Magazine, which confirmed Sindel in December of 2010. Sindel and Ermac can be seen fighting in the arena. Only a few days after Sindel's confirmation, the MKast Series 2, Episode 2 was released, showing footage of tag-team gameplay with Scorpion and Sub-Zero vs Jax and Sonya in Shang Tsung's Garden.
- The fighters in the background on the Pit walkway swap between Reiko, Frost, Kenshi, Sareena, or Daegon.
- The music for Shang Tsung's Garden was one of the few arenas that were leaked along with the character voices and the announcer voices.
- This Stage serves as a replacement for the Warrior Shrine and the Palace Gates, as well as incorporating the Pit in the background.
- Oddly, both the day and night versions of this stage lack Klassic Tracks, despite having Warrior Shrine and Palace Gates (and even the Pit) to draw from.
- The statues in the stage changed from the concept art, with Rain, Mileena, and Reptile being replaced with duplicates of Kano, Baraka and Goro instead.
- The statues are (from left-to-right): Baraka, Shang Tsung, Kano (alt. attire), Baraka (on left cliff), Goro (alter by water), Goro, Kano (on right cliff), Baraka.
- Sucessfully performing an uppercut or special move on this stage will make a flock of birds/bats to fly out from a tree as if they have been spooked.