FANDOM


  • With Liu Kang & Kitana now ruling the Netherrealm and Raiden turned dark by the corrupted jinsei, what's next?

    I just hope next game, they'll find a way to resurrect a few revenant warriors back to the living.

    - I can imagine in the opening, Cassie would be narrating the events that happened last game. Then the next scene shows Johnny, Sonya & Cassie having a nice normal family dinner, having laughs and stuff. Liu Kang & Kitana then appear at their home for a "visit".

    - Sonya will be killed by Kitana becoming a revenant.

    - A new tournament is organized by Kotal Kahn

    - The return of Shang Tsung but as an anti-hero

      Loading editor
    • Yes, I have an idea. I wish total annihilation upon both Cassie and Jacqui. May they not burn in the fifth plane of the Netherrealm, but rather cease to exist from all MK universe reality. Outside of that, I'm fairly open-minded on whatever NRS plans to do next. :)

        Loading editor
    • DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Yes, I have an idea. I wish total annihilation upon both Cassie and Jacqui. May they not burn in the fifth plane of the Netherrealm, but rather cease to exist from all MK universe reality. Outside of that, I'm fairly open-minded on whatever NRS plans to do next. :)

      JERK!

        Loading editor
    • Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

        Loading editor
    • DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Sorry it's just Cassie feels right being in this. Except for Jacqui.

      If anything, I'd see Cassie forced by Liu to watch her mom die by Kitana. Johnny will still live to help out his daughter. But he'll be retired.

      If Stryker came back, he and Erron can have a gunfight.

        Loading editor
    • Ultimately what I want to see the most in any future story mode is the inclusion of playing as evil characters. It makes no sense that the good guys win every single fight. Absolutely stupid. MKX did it a little, but only the "neutral" characters and only because they were new to the series. In MK9, Stryker defeats Ermac. Yes, I'm an Ermac fanboy, but c'mon, seriously? Ermac should easily destroy 95% of the roster. Stryker is low-tier. He's just a step above Kira and Kobra as far as I'm concerned.

      Also in MK9, Sonya "defeats" Raiden, but immediately afterwards in the cutscene, Raiden tells her to shield her eyes as if they didn't just fight, let alone as if she didn't just kick his ass. Know why? Because she could never in a million years beat Raiden. He'd kill her with all of his limbs detached. Things like that just don't make any sense.

      I'd also like to see a better push for characters such as Reptile and Baraka. Especially Reptile, given he has a much more intriguing backstory. Make him playable in story mode within a flashback to thousands of years prior when he wasn't the only Saurian left living. SOMETHING. Baraka is a fan favorite as well, even though he's a punching bag. It's difficult to make him stand out, simply because he looks almost indentical to all of the other Tarkatans, though. I think both of them look badass and play badass, but in story, they're just there to get their ass handed to them. It's a waste of potential to me.

        Loading editor
    • It would be nice though to see some bad guys get some redemption. Reptile for instance.

        Loading editor
    • I'm all for an anti-hero Shang Tsung (one of the few things MKvsDC did right), and characters like Cassie and Jacqui getting the boot, but alas, I'm sure at least one of the mary sues will be here to stay.

        Loading editor
    • Jacqui and Cassie have, like no character development unlike their male teammates. I hope they introduce new characters with actual character development, because Cassie and Jacqui are bad characters. Jacqui's romance with Takeda is strongly forced, as was Cassies fight with Shinnok.

        Loading editor
    • Cassie being a protagonist was temporary anyway. There will be new heroes hopefully.

        Loading editor
    • DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.

      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.

        Loading editor
    • DLKMK1989 wrote: Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      why would you get so uppity over one word

      bit of a waste of time

        Loading editor
    • I think it would be that Raiden will attack outworld or other realms to boast the strenght of his realm and the team of earthrealm will be on his side or there will be a civil war thing

        Loading editor
    • Bmwfan2015 wrote: With Liu Kang & Kitana now ruling the Netherrealm and Raiden turned dark by the corrupted jinsei, what's next?

      I just hope next game, they'll find a way to resurrect a few revenant warriors back to the living.

      - I can imagine in the opening, Cassie would be narrating the events that happened last game. Then the next scene shows Johnny, Sonya & Cassie having a nice normal family dinner, having laughs and stuff. Liu Kang & Kitana then appear at their home for a "visit".

      - Sonya will be killed by Kitana becoming a revenant.

      - A new tournament is organized by Kotal Kahn

      - The return of Shang Tsung but as an anti-hero

      I like the idea of a new tournament.

        Loading editor
    • Here's my idea for a story opening. After the narration, the game opens to a city celebration in Earthrealm. The main characters are celebrating a new holiday called "Realm day" which celebrates Earthrealms victories against Outworld and the Neatherrealm, and it's contacts with the other realms. But the Red Dragon, who have not been invited crash the party.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Here's my idea for a story opening. After the narration, the game opens to a city celebration in Earthrealm. The main characters are celebrating a new holiday called "Realm day" which celebrates Earthrealms victories against Outworld and the Neatherrealm, and it's contacts with the other realms. But the Red Dragon, who have not been invited crash the party.

      And I presume Daegon would be leading the attack (since he's the founder of the Red Dragon clan)?

        Loading editor
    • Actually I presume not. Ever notice that Mavado and Hsu Hao are doing all the work while Daegon hides in the shadows, and will only fight in the most dire situations? And if the Red Dragon gets new members to replace Mavado and Hsu Hao, Daegon will likely send them in to do all the work.

        Loading editor
    • Now that you mention it, I agree. Plus, I would be happy if Mavado got revived. Also, as much as I dislike Hsu Hao, I think it'd be interesting if he got a Revenant Jax makeover.

        Loading editor
    • Good point. Besides, he can shoot lasers from his heart.

        Loading editor
    • What I hate is when uninformed Mk fans say (nerd voice) "You like Hsu Hao, he just ripped off (sniffle) Kano's cybernetic heart... her her her" I can't say he didn't, but that heart was just for a display until much later, however Hsu Hao actually uses it. I'm not a Hsu Hao fanboy, but I don't hate him either. Just in case some jerk rudely points it out. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Thanks.

        Loading editor
    • Your welcome. Anyways, I've got some questionnaires for you on what you would do if you were Ed Boon and currently producing Mk 11. Please post your answers and I'll put mine at the bottom:

      1) Would you bring back any of the newcomers from MKX? If so, who?

      2) Who would be your final boss and if there is, sub-boss and sub sub-boss?

      3) Would your bosses be playable, unlockable, or not playable at all?

      4) Would keep the variation system, modify it, or just ignore it and do somethig else?

      5) Would you mind trying to revive the revenants?

      6) In story mode, would you kill of any characters or not at all.

      My Answers:

      1) Yes and I'd bring up all of the newcomers who aren't in the Teen Titan group. Maybe the Teen Titan group based on the production situation.

      2) My final boss would be Onaga, the sub-boss Raiden, and the sub sub-boss being a revived Shang Tsung.

      3) Onaga would be unplayable and Raiden and Shang Tsung would be both unlockable.

      4) I'd modify the variation system.

      5) I would revive the revenants.

      6) I'd most likely not kill anybody in the story mode.

      -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Your welcome. Anyways, I've got some questionnaires for you on what you would do if you were Ed Boon and currently producing Mk 11. Please post your answers and I'll put mine at the bottom:

      1) Would you bring back any of the newcomers from MKX? If so, who?

      2) Who would be your final boss and if there is, sub-boss and sub sub-boss?

      3) Would your bosses be playable, unlockable, or not playable at all?

      4) Would keep the variation system, modify it, or just ignore it and do somethig else?

      5) Would you mind trying to revive the revenants?

      6) In story mode, would you kill of any characters or not at all.

      My Answers:

      1) Yes and I'd bring up all of the newcomers who aren't in the Teen Titan group. Maybe the Teen Titan group based on the production situation.

      2) My final boss would be Onaga, the sub-boss Raiden, and the sub sub-boss being a revived Shang Tsung.

      3) Onaga would be unplayable and Raiden and Shang Tsung would be both unlockable.

      4) I'd modify the variation system.

      5) I would revive the revenants.

      6) I'd most likely not kill anybody in the story mode.

      -DinoLord00

      1. I'd bring them all in

      2. I dunno about the sub sub-boss, but Raiden and Onaga have boss written all over them

      3. Oh they'd be playable

      4. I dunno

      5. Yes I would, we're going to need ALL the dead characters if Armageddon comes again

      6. If it woud benefit the story, yes, but they'd get ressurected if Armageddon comes again

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Your welcome. Anyways, I've got some questionnaires for you on what you would do if you were Ed Boon and currently producing Mk 11. Please post your answers and I'll put mine at the bottom:

      1) Would you bring back any of the newcomers from MKX? If so, who?

      2) Who would be your final boss and if there is, sub-boss and sub sub-boss?

      3) Would your bosses be playable, unlockable, or not playable at all?

      4) Would keep the variation system, modify it, or just ignore it and do somethig else?

      5) Would you mind trying to revive the revenants?

      6) In story mode, would you kill of any characters or not at all.

      1) All of them.

      2) Onaga - final, Daegon - sub-boss, Raiden - sub sub-boss.

      3) They would be playable but Onaga would be unlockable.

      4) Keep the variation.

      5) Revive the reventants toward the end.

      6) I wouldn't kill any of them.

        Loading editor
    • If they bring back the variation system, I think they should limit them to two instead of three, since certain ones were made as stupid excuses to leave out certain characters (ex. Mournful, Tigrar Fury, and Tarkatan).

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:
      If they bring back the variation system, I think they should limit them to two instead of three, since certain ones were made as stupid excuses to leave out certain characters (ex. Mournful, Tigrar Fury, and Tarkatan).

      Agreed. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote: If they bring back the variation system, I think they should limit them to two instead of three, since certain ones were made as stupid excuses to leave out certain characters (ex. Mournful, Tigrar Fury, and Tarkatan).

      yeah, three is too much. two allows for easier balancing as well.

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:

      Dynamo68 wrote: If they bring back the variation system, I think they should limit them to two instead of three, since certain ones were made as stupid excuses to leave out certain characters (ex. Mournful, Tigrar Fury, and Tarkatan).

      yeah, three is too much. two allows for easier balancing as well.

      Glad to hear you agree. Are there any other variations that you think they should ditch for the next game in addition to the three I mentioned above?

        Loading editor
    • nothing specific, but really only two playstyles would be necessary per character. like Scorpion, for instance, has two very similar revenant-inspired variations that could've been combined.

      so, following that format, every character would have 2 variations based on 2 different attributes. ninjutsu and revenant-stuff for scorpion, hand-to-hand expertise and ice weapon specific shit for sub-=zero, etc.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't even realize up until this point that Scorpion had two variations that were pretty similar. Then again, I haven't played MKX in awhile.

      Meanwhile, I have a few ideas for Kai's variations:

      Shaolin Panther: In this variation, Kai has the ability to create small, fiery energy balls, kinda like Boom Boom from X-Men. The visual is that his tattoos light up orange-yellow.

      Capoeira: This variation focuses on his handstand and capoeira-type moves. In this variation, he wears a tribal necklace.

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:

      Dynamo68 wrote: If they bring back the variation system, I think they should limit them to two instead of three, since certain ones were made as stupid excuses to leave out certain characters (ex. Mournful, Tigrar Fury, and Tarkatan).

      yeah, three is too much. two allows for easier balancing as well.

      Very well put both of you. Either make the characters or leave them out all the way and no more than two variations. I do like the different costumes, those are fun, but let's limit those variations.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:
      I didn't even realize up until this point that Scorpion had two variations that were pretty similar. Then again, I haven't played MKX in awhile.

      Meanwhile, I have a few ideas for Kai's variations:

      Shaolin Panther: In this variation, Kai has the ability to create small, fiery energy balls, kinda like Boom Boom from X-Men. The visual is that his tattoos light up orange-yellow.

      Capoeira: This variation focuses on his handstand and capoeira-type moves. In this variation, he wears a tribal necklace.

      That sounds like fun. I really do hope they bring back Kai. I think he's really underrated.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, with three variations there was always at least one for a character that was either inadequate or pretty much never used. Two is the magic number.

      On that note, I am liking how the recently revealed MvC is 2v2 instead of 3v3 which will make it more reasonable to balance.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, otherwise it just lasts longer than it needs to.

        Loading editor
    • DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.
      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.

      I like Triborg but i mean he does kinda suck. if they made him in to the seperate cyborgs smoke,sektor,and cyrax and added a new cyborg and gave them more story in the next game maybe they would be better.

        Loading editor
    • Acethedemonking wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.
      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.
      I like Triborg but i mean he does kinda suck. if they made him in to the seperate cyborgs smoke,sektor,and cyrax and added a new cyborg and gave them more story in the next game maybe they would be better.


      I'd welcome him into storymode, because it allows the Tekunin to become canon in the new timeline.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Acethedemonking wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.
      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.
      I like Triborg but i mean he does kinda suck. if they made him in to the seperate cyborgs smoke,sektor,and cyrax and added a new cyborg and gave them more story in the next game maybe they would be better.

      I'd welcome him into storymode, because it allows the Tekunin to become canon in the new timeline.

      maybe have triborg be his own character and have him rebuild sektor cyrax and make a cyborg smoke and give triborg three new variations 

        Loading editor
    • Acethedemonking wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Acethedemonking wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.
      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.
      I like Triborg but i mean he does kinda suck. if they made him in to the seperate cyborgs smoke,sektor,and cyrax and added a new cyborg and gave them more story in the next game maybe they would be better.

      I'd welcome him into storymode, because it allows the Tekunin to become canon in the new timeline.
      maybe have triborg be his own character and have him rebuild sektor cyrax and make a cyborg smoke and give triborg three new variations 

      I personally think since people like the Noob Saibot teaming with Smoke idea, Tri-Borg should team with Noob Saibot, except that they'd have seperate slots. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Acethedemonking wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Acethedemonking wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      DLKMK1989 wrote:
      Wait... I'm a jerk for stating my ideas, which, might I add, you asked for? Color me confused. Personally, I'm not really into the direction the new timeline is headed, but I'm an MK lifer regardless, so I'll stick around for whatever they put out.

      I don't like that they jumped so far ahead, because as much as fighting games do need new and fresh characters, you just simply can't rid a series of the mainstays. Cassie is essentially a replacement for Johnny and Sonya, both of which by themselves are better characters than Cassie and it isn't even close. Cassie is a rip off of both of them and that annoys me. Jacqui is a rip of off Jax. Annoying. Same goes for Sonya's variation utilizing grenades a la Stryker. Rip off. That variation of hers, coupled with the Erron Black completely eliminates Stryker from being playable again. Not that I care too much, because Stryker is boring, but still. Let's see... Kitana's variation where she imitates Jade. Rip off. It's just dumb. Like they couldn't come up with enough variations for some characters, so they just ripped off other NPCs. That way they get to say us as fans can't be too angry about Jade not being in the game, because her entire moveset is. I mean, hell... They should've just had Kitana wear green in that variation and ta-da.

      Don't forget Goro's variation where he had Kintaro's moves. That was another mistake. Plus, Goro is of the Draco lineage, unlike Kintaro, who's of the Tigrar lineage. I know Goro's appearance as a playable character was non-canon and all, but still.
      Non-canon or otherwise, I agree. I'm also really hoping that Triborg doesn't become integrated into the story. It is the ultimate rip-off. Plus the name is stupid, because well, Quadborg.
      I like Triborg but i mean he does kinda suck. if they made him in to the seperate cyborgs smoke,sektor,and cyrax and added a new cyborg and gave them more story in the next game maybe they would be better.

      I'd welcome him into storymode, because it allows the Tekunin to become canon in the new timeline.
      maybe have triborg be his own character and have him rebuild sektor cyrax and make a cyborg smoke and give triborg three new variations 
      I personally think since people like the Noob Saibot teaming with Smoke idea, Tri-Borg should team with Noob Saibot, except that they'd have seperate slots. -DinoLord00

      thats a good idea

        Loading editor
    • Thanks.

        Loading editor
    • Hopefully that means there's gonna be an actual Robo-Demon. MAKE IT HAPPEN ED

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah, the robo demons. I almost forgot about them. I would love to see the human versions of Cyrax and Sektor with either Tri-Borg being the cyber versions of the Lin Kuei or that there are cyber versions of the Lin Kuei and Tri-Borg becomes the Cyber Demon.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Oh yeah, the robo demons. I almost forgot about them. I would love to see the human versions of Cyrax and Sektor with either Tri-Borg being the cyber versions of the Lin Kuei or that there are cyber versions of the Lin Kuei and Tri-Borg becomes the Cyber Demon.

      i honestly dont care as long as i can see a human costume for all cyborgs i loved it in mk9

        Loading editor
    • Acethedemonking wrote:

      i honestly dont care as long as i can see a human costume for all cyborgs i loved it in mk9

      That was a huge bonus for me when it came to the cyborgs in MK9.

        Loading editor
    • unlikely considering that they were really only in MK9 for origin purposes

      then again it's not like the cyborgs really have anything else worth an alt costume

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      unlikely considering that they were really only in MK9 for origin purposes

      then again it's not like the cyborgs really have anything else worth an alt costume

      But it was cool to see the Lin Kuei before they were cyberized. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:

      But it was cool to see the Lin Kuei before they were cyberized. -DinoLord00

      Plus, what's stopping NRS from humanizing the cyborgs all over again? They did that for Sub-Zero.

        Loading editor
    • If Cyrax and Sektor get humanized then they could become revenants. Cyrax could have the same kind of net release as Scorpion from the movies accept it would come out of his chest and Sektor could be a shadow type demon who teleports through shadows.

        Loading editor
    • I just hope Smoke never becomes a cyborg again. We've already seen that in the original timeline, and we don't need history to repeat itself (though, Bi-Han becoming Noob Saibot once again is fine with me, since he's the one and true Noob Saibot).

        Loading editor
    • I preferred him as Sub-Zero tbh, but at this point I'd be glad for Bi-Han to be brought back in any form at all.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      I preferred him as Sub-Zero tbh, but at this point I'd be glad for Bi-Han to be brought back in any form at all.

      Indeed. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • We want the characters called Sleet, Khameleon, Chameleon, Khrome, Aqua, Emerald, Nimbus Terrafaux, Darkron, Lu Chang, Kia, Jataaka, Human Hydro, Hydro, Enenra, Pedro, Monster, Belokk, The Grandmaster, Tanya (MK3), Earth God, Fujin (Wind God), Fire God, and Water God on the story mode in the next game. 

        Loading editor
    • That's a lot of rumored characters to be added. I personally feel that they should start adding a few of the rumored characters with the background characters but maybe not in one lump sum. They should bring back any other character that has been missing since MKA, add a couple of the old rumor characters, add some of the background characters, and just add some new characters.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      That's a lot of rumored characters to be added. I personally feel that they should start adding a few of the rumored characters with the background characters but maybe not in one lump sum. They should bring back any other character that has been missing since MKA, add a couple of the old rumor characters, add some of the background characters, and just add some new characters.

      Just be sure to utilize the new characters with some backstory, but with power balances.

      -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Good idea. A nice mix of old and new. If there's ever a second Armageddon, I wonder how much money will be spent on a Battle of Armageddon cinematic since the roster will be even larger?(If there is a Battlle of Armageddon cinematic)

        Loading editor
    • I hope that there's a story battle between Havik and Hotaru in the next game.

        Loading editor
    • Blitz0248 wrote:
      We want the characters called Sleet, Khameleon, Chameleon, Khrome, Aqua, Emerald, Nimbus Terrafaux, Darkron, Lu Chang, Kia, Jataaka, Human Hydro, Hydro, Enenra, Pedro, Monster, Belokk, The Grandmaster, Tanya (MK3), Earth God, Fujin (Wind God), Fire God, and Water God on the story mode in the next game. 

      i want khameleon on all consoles this time 

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Good idea. A nice mix of old and new. If there's ever a second Armageddon, I wonder how much money will be spent on a Battle of Armageddon cinematic since the roster will be even larger?(If there is a Battlle of Armageddon cinematic

      lets just say ed boon might make another company go bankrupt

        Loading editor
    • Acethedemonking wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Good idea. A nice mix of old and new. If there's ever a second Armageddon, I wonder how much money will be spent on a Battle of Armageddon cinematic since the roster will be even larger?(If there is a Battlle of Armageddon cinematic
      lets just say ed boon might make another company go bankrupt

      Yeah, Ed should just wait until the time is right for it. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Good thinking.

        Loading editor
    • They should do a Trilogy type game first with the current timeline characters after MK11. Like MK12 would be a mixture of MK9, MKX and MK11. This way, it would be a smaller cast and it'll be a good way to prove whether another Armageddon game could work.

        Loading editor
    • You mean sorta like the arcade Trilogy game that encorporated elements from the first 3 arcade games?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      They should do a Trilogy type game first with the current timeline characters after MK11. Like MK12 would be a mixture of MK9, MKX and MK11. This way, it would be a smaller cast and it'll be a good way to prove whether another Armageddon game could work.

      sounds awesome

        Loading editor
    • Maybe some of the characters who were playable in Armageddon can only be cameos, that way it can make for a more balanced roster. Plus, some story characters can be made DLC later on.

        Loading editor
    • I could see it working out that way, then.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      I could see it working out that way, then.

      Yep.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      You mean sorta like the arcade Trilogy game that encorporated elements from the first 3 arcade games?

      I would say so. It also seems like either they should not have any guest characters in this one or all of them from MK9-11.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe they should reboot again, but with only Shang Tsung and Shao Khan the only main villains to return. ("Main" being the actual villains and not underlings like Reptile Baraka Ermac etc, Onaga is great but they should focus on making new main villains someone cool, and so cheap that it takes me months to beat the story boss)

        Loading editor
    • And do the exact same as MK9 again? No way hozay.

        Loading editor
    • Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      With Liu Kang & Kitana now ruling the Netherrealm and Raiden turned dark by the corrupted jinsei, what's next?

      I just hope next game, they'll find a way to resurrect a few revenant warriors back to the living.

      - I can imagine in the opening, Cassie would be narrating the events that happened last game. Then the next scene shows Johnny, Sonya & Cassie having a nice normal family dinner, having laughs and stuff. Liu Kang & Kitana then appear at their home for a "visit".

      - Sonya will be killed by Kitana becoming a revenant.

      - A new tournament is organized by Kotal Kahn

      - The return of Shang Tsung but as an anti-hero

      Bno

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      And do the exact same as MK9 again? No way hozay.

      Not the exact same thing, Just that they maybe do it differently with Shao Khan dying without killing everyone but three people, and introduce a new main villain.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's still backtracking. And I barely gave MK 9's story a passing grade due to backtracking. When it comes to game stories, I want to see what happens next, where the heroes will go, what will happen to them and what new challenges they'll face.

        Loading editor
    • How about they skip that stuff we already know and just say that it happened.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Well it's still backtracking. And I barely gave MK 9's story a passing grade due to backtracking. When it comes to game stories, I want to see what happens next, where the heroes will go, what will happen to them and what new challenges they'll face.

      That's true, but I also want a reboot here and there that improves on it. Just make only like one or two and I can live with that.-DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Kill off liu kang ( maybe 

      Guess characters ezio auditore and nightmare from soul calibur

        Loading editor
    • Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kitana should be back to normal the way that was in MK11/XI story. And the others will be too. 

        Loading editor
    • Blitz0248 wrote:
      Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kitana should be back to normal the way that was in MK11/XI story. 

      Chances are, that'll only happen at the end of the story mode of the next game. The same should happen with the rest of the remaining Revenants.

        Loading editor
    • I hope that doesn't happen. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      I hope that doesn't happen. -DinoLord00

      Hope what doesn't happen? Killing off Liu Kang? That'll never happen, since no one ever stays dead in MK.

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Well it's still backtracking. And I barely gave MK 9's story a passing grade due to backtracking. When it comes to game stories, I want to see what happens next, where the heroes will go, what will happen to them and what new challenges they'll face.
      That's true, but I also want a reboot here and there that improves on it. Just make only like one or two and I can live with that.-DinoLord00


      So you want MK to become like Nintendo's games? I quit Nintendo because every Mario game no matter how flashy the graphics or how improved the gameplay, was the exact same game to me.

        Loading editor
    • Super Mario 64 you could punch things

        Loading editor
    • off topic

        Loading editor
    • I want Liu Kang back

        Loading editor
    • Back alive or in another game? -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • If Liu Kang is going to be redeemed, MK tradition demands that his senses are going to have to be literally knocked into him. In other words, he'll need to be defeated in a fight in storymode. But who should the lucky character be? Here are my nominations.

      Cassie

      Scorpion

      Sub-Zero

      Kun-Jinn

      Kai

      Fujin

      Bo Rai Cho

        Loading editor
    • What, no Johnny? Regardless, Bo Rai Cho would be the best one to knock some sense into Liu, being his former teacher and all.

        Loading editor
    • I would go with Kai, mainly because he's friends with Liu Kang, and it would seem like he cares for him. I could almost picture it like the fight between Superman and Regime Superman in the story mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us, only with different dialogue.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      What, no Johnny? Regardless, Bo Rai Cho would be the best one to knock some sense into Liu, being his former teacher and all.

      Johnny is a stupid didiot

        Loading editor
    • We want to see all fan-made, rumor, secret, and anthology(ies) characters in the story mode of MK11 game. 

        Loading editor
    • Can't really agree with you there since I;d rather stick with the OG characters and any other canon stuff. Maybe hints or references though. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Bo' Rai Cho is the better idea for Liu Kang to get his ass handed to him. Kai wouldn't make any sense being that in the new timeline they never met.

        Loading editor
    • How about the son of Liu Kang & Kitana who traveled back in time from the future to help the heroes in the present revive the other revenants and saving his parents from damnation.

      And kill the corrupted Raiden.

        Loading editor
    • That's horribly cliche and would ruin the dark tone NRS are going for.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Yeah, Bo' Rai Cho is the better idea for Liu Kang to get his ass handed to him. Kai wouldn't make any sense being that in the new timeline they never met.

      True, but I'm sure Kai will eventually be introduced into the new timeline. Not saying he'll be the one to beat Liu Kang, but ya know.

        Loading editor
    • I hope he and other characters who haven't been introduced appear too. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • I just want Liu Kang back canonwise, back to the Good guy we (or at least me) all know and love

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      I hope he and other characters who haven't been introduced appear too. -DinoLord00

      Meh. They already killed off the ones not reintroduced in the games that people wanted most like Reiko and Havik. Not really expecting more from that era to be brought back when MKX was the perfect/best opportunity to do so.

        Loading editor
    • How many characters from the MK4-MKA era need to die and some to live?

        Loading editor
    • Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      How many characters from the MK4-MKA era need to die and some to live?

      I for one suggest that ALL of the MK characters should be present if Armageddon ever begins in the second timeline.

        Loading editor
    • I hope that, if they redo Armageddon then they don't make it into another reboot, I want the timeline to go a little further until they do that again. I know I said that they should reboot again, but not so soon.

        Loading editor
    • After a reality-destroying event like Armageddon, there's essentially nowhere to go without doing some sort of time jump. Armageddon creates too many casualties regardless of who wins it, as everyone's just out there killing each other to try and get the godlike power.

        Loading editor
    • Or it could just go right in this new timeline and most of the survivors become allies against the next big threat.

        Loading editor
    • Pyromancer64 wrote:
      I hope that, if they redo Armageddon then they don't make it into another reboot, I want the timeline to go a little further until they do that again. I know I said that they should reboot again, but not so soon.


      I agree, the story needs to move foreward after Armageddon.

        Loading editor
    • I hope Ed Goodman from MK legacy will be as NPCs in the game. 

        Loading editor
    • Or they could kill everyone off.

      And introduce new characters.

      Take the next generation to a new level with new villains, Neutral characters, Good guys, races, etc

      I'm serious, if they killed off all the current characters and replaced them with new ones I wouldn't mind mostly.

      Or use another alternate timeline where they did die and a new generation from all sides come out and kill each other while each side has a believable motive for what their doing.

      I want to feel something when I see a character die.

      They could also make a side story, with no mainstream characters, maybe some cameos, and references, flashbacks etc.

        Loading editor
    • That could get WAAAAAY too confusing.

        Loading editor
    • I'd rather they NOT kill everyone off.

        Loading editor
    • Look at what they did for Heroes Reborn. It was mostly new characters and a lot of killed off characters. The whole idea of just new gen characters wouldn't work. It actually wouldn't feel like Mortal Kombat. The whole reason why any of the games work is because of the original characters (at least some of them) coming back in every game. Hell, Scorpion and Sub-Zero alone are huge reasons as to what sell games.

        Loading editor
    • There's a danger to that though, it's more vulnerable to being stuck in status quo.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Look at what they did for Heroes Reborn. It was mostly new characters and a lot of killed off characters. The whole idea of just new gen characters wouldn't work. It actually wouldn't feel like Mortal Kombat. The whole reason why any of the games work is because of the original characters (at least some of them) coming back in every game. Hell, Scorpion and Sub-Zero alone are huge reasons as to what sell games.

      Indeed. Killing off everyone would be a stupid idea. Plus, no one really stays dead in MK.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:

      Indeed. Killing off everyone would be a stupid idea. Plus, no one really stays dead in MK.

      Yeah, I have no doubt that even if Johnny Cage becomes 80 years old and dies of a heart attack that he'll still come back as a vibrant young man looking Kombat God.

        Loading editor
    • Well, you just can't get away with killing fan-favorite characters. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:

      Indeed. Killing off everyone would be a stupid idea. Plus, no one really stays dead in MK.

      Yeah, I have no doubt that even if Johnny Cage becomes 80 years old and dies of a heart attack that he'll still come back as a vibrant young man looking Kombat God.

      Indeed.

      BTW, Merry Christmas.

        Loading editor
    • I think the Kamidogu should be present in MK 11 and the Black and Red Dragons are looking for them.

        Loading editor
    • I have little doubt that the Kamidogu will return in MK11.

        Loading editor
    • Still iffy about how they became daggers like in the comics, but I guess that's what we'll see them as if they're in it, although seeing cameos of some of the kamidogu in their original form in MKX as one of the last items in the Krypt and in one of the test your might things was interesting.

      Wouldn't be surprised either though if they weren't actually in MK11. Could go either way.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, interesting choice to turn them into daggers.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      Still iffy about how they became daggers like in the comics, but I guess that's what we'll see them as if they're in it, although seeing cameos of some of the kamidogu in their original form in MKX as one of the last items in the Krypt and in one of the test your might things was interesting.

      Wouldn't be surprised either though if they weren't actually in MK11. Could go either way.

      Perhaps they'll save the daggers for MK12, but who knows?

        Loading editor
    • What I hate most of all is that uninformed fans say the kamidogu are daggers, when they're actually amulets. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps there will be some explanation on how the kamidogu appear as daggers in the next game, or if they appear as amulets again, they can change appearence under certain conditions.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Perhaps there will be some explanation on how the kamidogu appear as daggers in the next game, or if they appear as amulets again, they can change appearence under certain conditions.

      I think it's more like that. Like if you arrange them in a certain way then they'll turn into blades. I like that idea.

      And as far as them being in MK11, I don't doubt that they'll be in MK11. I think they should be. Ultimately, MK11 should be the replacement for both Deadly Alliance and Deception for the current timeline.

        Loading editor
    • I agree. The two Dragon crime syndicates should be the new DA trying to revive Onaga via the Kamidogu while the heroes have to find them first.

        Loading editor
    • I like the idea of the two Dragon clans joining forces, however, the MKX comics kind of hint at Daegon and Goro becoming allies. Daegon being the founder and leader of the Red Dragon and Goro being Shokan (half dragon/half human). I think we'll see Goro in the story mode of MK11 due to that. Even if he just becomes the body host of Onaga. At this point, there is no reason why Reptile would be the host for Onaga. Goro, as far as we know, has no arms and, therefore, is useless. So, with that said, I guess if they go in the route of Goro becoming the host body, via a betrayal of Daegon, we might see the two Dragon clans join forces and go up against the new generation.

        Loading editor
    • I think that Daegon should be the host, as it seems that he would likely form an alliance witht eh Black Dragon and Goro, but would betray them and try to make either Kano or Goro the host. Unfortunatelty, he becomes the host, a victim of his own deception. By the way, what happened to Kenshi at the end of the comics. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • I think the comics ending happens at the same time MKX ends.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote: I think the comics ending happens at the same time MKX ends.

      Do you mean begins?

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote: I think that Daegon should be the host, as it seems that he would likely form an alliance witht eh Black Dragon and Goro, but would betray them and try to make either Kano or Goro the host. Unfortunatelty, he becomes the host, a victim of his own deception. By the way, what happened to Kenshi at the end of the comics. -DinoLord00

      Why would Daegon become the host? Doesn't Onaga need a host body that is as close to a dragon, like a Saurian or Shokan, to survive?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:

      DinoLord00 wrote: I think that Daegon should be the host, as it seems that he would likely form an alliance witht eh Black Dragon and Goro, but would betray them and try to make either Kano or Goro the host. Unfortunatelty, he becomes the host, a victim of his own deception. By the way, what happened to Kenshi at the end of the comics. -DinoLord00

      Why would Daegon become the host? Doesn't Onaga need a host body that is as close to a dragon, like a Saurian or Shokan, to survive?

      Well, who knows. It's not like NRS has twisted the new timeline the first time. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:

      Well, who knows. It's not like NRS has twisted the new timeline the first time. -DinoLord00

      Yeah, they did kind of finagle some things. One of which was how Mileena came to be.

        Loading editor
    • I kinda wish Takeda being the leading hero in MK11 as he has the saddest backstory and *should* be the most powerful out of his teammates. 

        Loading editor
    • Don't know about most powerful, but I agree that it would make sense for Takeda to be the most skilled out of his team.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Ridley. Takeda is very skilled. Trained by Scorpion. I can see Takeda taking on the hero mantle and even being the savior of not only his friends but also Jacqui. Could end up being a little sappy but I think with the lack of Liu Kang and Kitana hooking up in the Original Timeline we could use a little sap.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I agree with Ridley. Takeda is very skilled. Trained by Scorpion. I can see Takeda taking on the hero mantle and even being the savior of not only his friends but also Jacqui. Could end up being a little sappy but I think with the lack of Liu Kang and Kitana hooking up in the Original Timeline we could use a little sap.

      I agree with the whole Takeda thing as well. One example as to why he has a sad backstory is because he lost his mother to the Red Dragon clan, which was being led by Hsu Hao at the time. I really feel sorry for him.

        Loading editor
    • Well the downside for that backstory is that with Hsu hao gone(again), there's no one for him to go after for revenge or justice. In hindsight, there's nothing really personal for him.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Well the downside for that backstory is that with Hsu hao gone(again), there's no one for him to go after for revenge or justice. In hindsight, there's nothing really personal for him.

      Well, for the most part, he had nothing much going for him.

        Loading editor
    • I'm talking about Takeda.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      I'm talking about Takeda.

      Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about Hsu Hao. My bad.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I forgot to mention Tekeda.

        Loading editor
    • Who do you guys think will last the longest out of all the cast characters? My guesses are Sub Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Liu Kang. I ask this because, with the old characters either aging or dying, you never know if Netherealm, you know, replaces them.

        Loading editor
    • SuperNamekianGod wrote:
      Who do you guys think will last the longest out of all the cast characters? My guesses are Sub Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Liu Kang. I ask this because, with the old characters either aging or dying, you never know if Netherealm, you know, replaces them.

      Not adaptable to change?

        Loading editor
    • SuperNamekianGod wrote:
      Who do you guys think will last the longest out of all the cast characters? My guesses are Sub Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Liu Kang. I ask this because, with the old characters either aging or dying, you never know if Netherealm, you know, replaces them.

      God I hope that doesn't happen. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • SuperNamekianGod wrote:
      Who do you guys think will last the longest out of all the cast characters? My guesses are Sub Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Liu Kang. I ask this because, with the old characters either aging or dying, you never know if Netherealm, you know, replaces them.

      I doubt that's gonna happen.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:
      SuperNamekianGod wrote:
      Who do you guys think will last the longest out of all the cast characters? My guesses are Sub Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Liu Kang. I ask this because, with the old characters either aging or dying, you never know if Netherealm, you know, replaces them.
      I doubt that's gonna happen.

      Well, if NRS is crazy enough to kill off fan-favorites like Baraka and Mileena, I can't be so sure about that. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • You never know, Mileena sleeping with the bugs and Baraka getting a taste of his own medicine hints some shit man. And the inclusion of new generation characters like Jin, Takeda, Jacqui, and Cassie, they most likely will become written off by old age or death. Or both.

        Loading editor
    • Well it is true that no game series can stay the same. I wish the fans of Soul Calibur knew this when SCV came along and retired a good chunk of the cast and gave them successors, who were all almost universally hated because they were nothing like their predecessors.

        Loading editor
    • One reason I doubt they would do such a thing is because it would alienate fans and turn them away from the fandom.

        Loading editor
    • Almost any successor to a legend just never seems to live up to the potential pretty much, so I think NRS should avoid that. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Almost any successor to a legend just never seems to live up to the potential pretty much, so I think NRS should avoid that. -DinoLord00

      ^^THIS!!

        Loading editor
    • What's that supposed to mean? -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • There is a danger in keeping older characters on board for extensive periods you know. You can run the risk of being trapped in a status quo.

        Loading editor
    • MK has shown it's not afraid of change, so I don't see a need for some mass exodus of remaining veterans. Also that was part of why SCV failed which killed its respective series.

        Loading editor
    • Not being afraid of change and not needing to remove veterans contradict eachother.

        Loading editor
    • There's more to change in a series than just characters. MK has undergone much, much change time and again. Now if you want the series to go the way of Soul Calibur and die off by removing almost all its beloved characters, that's your thing.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt they'll remove too many characters. Besides, they'll find ways to either rejuvinate the human characters or bring back the dead ones.

      Examples: Johnny Cage died in the original timeline and was brought back by the Elder Gods twice. In the current timeline, at least in the arcade ending, it is hinted that Johnny Cage might find the secret to extending his life. I think NRS might be hinting something extraordinary.

      Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Stryker, Kabal, and Smoke are all revenants in the Netherrealm. If they remain revenants or, at least, spectres with their own will power then they'll last forever. However, if you look at those people retrospectively, they're all still pretty youthful. Dead but youthful. If they were to be "revived" then they would just go back to their original age status.

      This does bring up a thought though. Jax is greyed and both Scorpion and Sub-Zero have remained pretty youthful. Even in the original timeline, by Deadly Alliance, Sub-Zero was greyed. That was only a difference of 5 years after MK4. MKX is 25 years after the events of what should have been MK4 (basically, the beginning of MKX).

        Loading editor
    • Interesting points about Cage's ending, the reverents and Sub-Zeros age. My answer for Sub-Zeros age is that being a Cryomancer, he ages slower, and him looking older in DA was an out of universe art choice.

      As for retired characters, I still believe that change is needed for a franchise to survive, because if you keep fan favorites, you run the risk of being stuck in status quo and you're work can never evolve. I had a thread once that asked the question if there was an MK game with NONE of the Pre-X characters with the exception of Scorpion and Sub-Zero, would you still play and at least try enjoying it?

        Loading editor
    • Which revenants shall be revived in the next story? Liu & Kitana will obviously be temporary main bosses.

      Nightwolf can be revived and can bring back Kung Lao so that Kung Jin can sit this out.

      Who else?

        Loading editor
    • I wished Takeda will be the new protagonist, building up the chemistry between him and Jacqui. He is easily the second most powerful in the KKK, with his abilities on withstanding the amulet and Raiden's lightning. He also knows teleportation, telekenesis AND telepathy. Also, he has the saddest background story of them all.

      I seriously don't want another new character to be the next protagonist.

        Loading editor
    • That's it! Takeda withstanding Raiden's lightning since he got striked by him two times, but he's still okay...kinda. Since Raiden has a 90% chance of being the main boss, Takeda can be the leading protagonist!

        Loading editor
    • Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      Which revenants shall be revived in the next story? Liu & Kitana will obviously be temporary main bosses.

      Nightwolf can be revived and can bring back Kung Lao so that Kung Jin can sit this out.

      Who else?

      Kung Lao most likely, since Kung Jin is his cousin.

        Loading editor
    • TheGodAmongMen wrote:
      Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      Which revenants shall be revived in the next story? Liu & Kitana will obviously be temporary main bosses.

      Nightwolf can be revived and can bring back Kung Lao so that Kung Jin can sit this out.

      Who else?

      Kung Lao most likely, since Kung Jin is his cousin.

      Any more revenants to bring back?

      Cause they better explain how Jade vanished.

        Loading editor
    • Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      TheGodAmongMen wrote:
      Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      Which revenants shall be revived in the next story? Liu & Kitana will obviously be temporary main bosses.

      Nightwolf can be revived and can bring back Kung Lao so that Kung Jin can sit this out.

      Who else?

      Kung Lao most likely, since Kung Jin is his cousin.
      Any more revenants to bring back?

      Cause they better explain how Jade vanished.

      Kabal. Stryker. Smoke. I honestly wanna see Baraka & Fujin be playable more than anything else.

        Loading editor
    • Fusionx963 wrote:
      Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      TheGodAmongMen wrote:
      Bmwfan2015 wrote:
      Which revenants shall be revived in the next story? Liu & Kitana will obviously be temporary main bosses.

      Nightwolf can be revived and can bring back Kung Lao so that Kung Jin can sit this out.

      Who else?

      Kung Lao most likely, since Kung Jin is his cousin.
      Any more revenants to bring back?

      Cause they better explain how Jade vanished.

      Kabal. Stryker. Smoke. I honestly wanna see Baraka & Fujin be playable more than anything else.

      Well Smoke can come back as the Enenra in his MKD alternate.

        Loading editor
    • I can see Smoke coming back as the Enenra. Yes, Fujin would be great to see playable and mentoring Takeda on their journey to defeat both the Netherrealm royalty and Raiden but come up against Onaga at the end.

        Loading editor
    • There's no way Onaga can come back. They don't need Reptile to be his vessel.

      If there's someone related to Nightwolf, he/she can bring him back and together figure out how to bring back all the revenants to mortals again without Quan Chi's power.

      Fujin is suited as the new mentor after Raiden.

      How can the Dragon King make a comeback? Onaga feels too early.

        Loading editor
    • I think Onaga will come back in one future MK game or another.

        Loading editor
    • Fusionx963 wrote:
      I think Onaga will come back in one future MK game or another.

      I agree, besides, he had a cool design in the previous timeline. I want to see how it looks with updated graphics. One thing I'd like to see in the next game is Cassie fight Liu Kang in story mode. The current Heroine of MK fights the previous Hero of MK.

        Loading editor
    • Excellent choice of ideas. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • Seeing MKX's story a disappointment, how will they fix it?

      I mean there's gotta be some good sides of the villains that we haven't seen. Kotal Kahn needs to learn to be merciful and Reptile's situation with getting his race & realm back. Plus to explain more about Erron Black. Ferra & Torr need to die.

      As for Ermac, have them be absorbed by Shang Tsung so that he'd be back. Ermac should sit this out.

        Loading editor
    • Same thing Kung Jin did in his ending for Lao is going to happen with Kuai Liang and Smoke. Kung Jin discovers the method of freeing them first and then everyone is going to attempt, but some wont go for it but some will. More importantly Lao and Smoke.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Fusionx963 wrote:
      I think Onaga will come back in one future MK game or another.
      I agree, besides, he had a cool design in the previous timeline. I want to see how it looks with updated graphics. One thing I'd like to see in the next game is Cassie fight Liu Kang in story mode. The current Heroine of MK fights the previous Hero of MK.

      They would just have Cassie win then since Liu's a jaded emo dummy now. Don't need to see him suffer more than he already has, unless it's to get him back to the good side.

      As for the idea of Tsung absorbing and replacing Ermac, I'd still be conflicted about that, but is not like they can do any worse to Ermac after MKX.


      For Onaga, I'd kinda like if he got a transformation through some power source that serves as the boss form, where he looks even more draconic instead of the human looking face, while the base form Onaga that we know of would be playable or unlockable.

        Loading editor
    • I think the next game is a perfect time for Onaga. Next time is as perfect as any.

        Loading editor
    • Well MK logic demands that any brainwashed character needs their senses literally knocked into them.

        Loading editor
    • Right. Also, come to think of it, with as many revenants there are as well as dead characters, Onaga taking over the main villain mantle would be quite upsetting to the heroes. There aren't very many heroes left alive.

        Loading editor
    • Well let's do a hero headcount as well as list some possible heroes for the nest game. We've got Johnny and Sonya, who may or my not retire. We've got Cassie, Takeda, Jaqui and Kung Jin who's returns are certain. Kai may or may not exist in the second timeline, but I think he'd be welcomed. Dairou and Darrius could work if they exist in the new timeline, personally I'd welcome them. Cyrax might still exist inside Triborg, but this also means Sektor could still be alive. Fujiin is alive and well. Bo Rai Cho's status is unknown.

        Loading editor
    • I agree to introduce the characters like Kai and Dairou into the game, but except for Kai, maybe as a more neutral alliance. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • I'd like to see older characters in newer MK games.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Well let's do a hero headcount as well as list some possible heroes for the nest game. We've got Johnny and Sonya, who may or my not retire. We've got Cassie, Takeda, Jaqui and Kung Jin who's returns are certain. Kai may or may not exist in the second timeline, but I think he'd be welcomed. Dairou and Darrius could work if they exist in the new timeline, personally I'd welcome them. Cyrax might still exist inside Triborg, but this also means Sektor could still be alive. Fujiin is alive and well. Bo Rai Cho's status is unknown.

      Technically, characters like Kai have to exist in the new timeline. Plus, I would rather see Dairou as more of a neutral-good kind of character.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:

      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Well let's do a hero headcount as well as list some possible heroes for the nest game. We've got Johnny and Sonya, who may or my not retire. We've got Cassie, Takeda, Jaqui and Kung Jin who's returns are certain. Kai may or may not exist in the second timeline, but I think he'd be welcomed. Dairou and Darrius could work if they exist in the new timeline, personally I'd welcome them. Cyrax might still exist inside Triborg, but this also means Sektor could still be alive. Fujiin is alive and well. Bo Rai Cho's status is unknown.

      Technically, characters like Kai have to exist in the new timeline. Plus, I would rather see Dairou as more of a neutral-good kind of character.

      So, here's the thing about retired characters. They are only retired for as long as there's no huge threat. Give someone a reason, an ultimatum, no more to lose, and a cookie they'll come out of retirement. So here's the living heroes.

      Johnny, Sonya, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Jax, Fujin, Kai, Sareena, Sheeva (depending on her attitude), Bo' Rai Cho (whereabouts unknown), Dairou, Darrius, Frost (depending on Sub-Zero's discipline), Kenshi, Li Mei, and Shujinko.

      We also don't know about the characters from the Kahnum whether they'll fight for good or evil. That could be a good amount added. We also don't know the fate of Noob Saibot. He could have been cleansed by the soulnado in MK9 or killed and just right back to where he started as a wraith.

      As far as Cyrax and Sektor go, my theory is that they'll both make an appearance in the Netherrealm as revenants and in their human forms whereas Triborg will end up being a canon character with multiple personalities and evil.

        Loading editor
    • Well, Sheeva is neutral now, so she either sides with the heroes or Kotal Kahn's army. I personally think it'd be interesting if it were the former, though it might seem like a bit of a stretch, but what do I know?

        Loading editor
    • Just for my opinion, I prefer the former as well. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • I don't know which is more likely.

        Loading editor
    • Fusionx963 wrote:
      I don't know which is more likely.

      I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • Sheeva did side with Kotal Kahn and the heroes before. It was mostly during the Blood Magik problem. I suppose she could have a grudge against the heroes because Sonya (possessed) killed Kintaro but she seemed fine about it because he died during battle. But maybe because she's from Outworld she'll be with the Kahnum. The Shokan tend to go with the Kahnum. So, maybe she won't be with the heroes and we'll have to gage what happens with the Kahnum. Does anyone think the Kahnum will go evil?

        Loading editor
    • I doubt it.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Sheeva did side with Kotal Kahn and the heroes before. It was mostly during the Blood Magik problem. I suppose she could have a grudge against the heroes because Sonya (possessed) killed Kintaro but she seemed fine about it because he died during battle. But maybe because she's from Outworld she'll be with the Kahnum. The Shokan tend to go with the Kahnum. So, maybe she won't be with the heroes and we'll have to gage what happens with the Kahnum. Does anyone think the Kahnum will go evil?

      I do remember that moment in the comics. But I just hope she doesn't end up being a jobber again.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed. I just wish the same could be said for characters like Baraka and Reptile. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Agreed. I just wish the same could be said for characters like Baraka and Reptile. -DinoLord00

      I wonder of Baraka will be ressurected or a new Tarkatan character will be introduced?

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I would prefer Baraka be resurrected instead of a new Tarkatan. I mean, wouldn't having a "new" one would be kinda the same?

        Loading editor
    • I see your point. How about a new Centaur character?

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      I see your point. How about a new Centaur character?

      I'm not so sure about that. Honestly, I'd rather see Motaro return as a Revenant, along with Kintaro and the others that died in the comics.

        Loading editor
    • You made me imagine Havik as a revenant now.

        Loading editor
    • Fusionx963 wrote:
      You made me imagine Havik as a revenant now.

      To be honest, I refuse to believe that Havik is truly dead. He could probably just regenerate another head. After all, he is very unpredictable since he's a Cleric of Chaos.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting idea.

        Loading editor
    • Full-fledged centaurs proved too difficult to program for in-game fights after the 2D era unfortunately, so wouldn't expect more of them.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, it's just better to not have Motaro unless you have the capability, or it's absoloutely necessary. And let's not think about reintroducing Motaro in an Armageddon fashion.

      -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.


      You have a point.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.

      Not really proof at all, Alien doesn't have the qualities what makes Motaro such a difficult character to develop outside of the methods they used for the original trilogy. And having briefly worked in stop motion with a friend for their project, that shit is time consuming. 

      In order to make Motaro work they'd need to literally spends a large amount of budget to work on animations for fatalities, possible grabs if possible on him, special moves what utilise a grapple as part of it in order to compensate for his frame. 

      It's far too much work on and completely unnecessary for a single character, plus with how his visual appearance is, it'd require significantly more time to actually animate Motaro as a character due to his lower body, the Shokon have it somewhat easier due to them only having four arms, aside from that really there's nothing to difficult for them and there's no unnecessary animation changes when grabbed. 

      And because of deadlines getting increasingly pressured when developing a game, I honestly can't see NRS risking the amount of extra time needed to actually make Motaro function as a character unless he was back as a Minotour, and even in his brief cameo when he's fighting Johnny in MK9, he's so horribly animated he's really static. Now you could argue that's because of the fact it's a cutscene, yet in other scenes when there's characters fighting while not in the central view their movements are significantly more fluid in comparison to Motaro. 

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.

      Despite what Riley said (no offense to him, since I respect his opinion), you do have a point about Motaro, Dragonspyne.

        Loading editor
    • Dynamo68 wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.
      Despite what Riley said (no offense to him, since I respect his opinion), you do have a point about Motaro, Dragonspyne.

      (Riley literally points out why Motaro simply doesn't work anymore with logic. Still thinks the other guy has a point despite the Alien having nothing to do with a freaking centaur.)

        Loading editor
    • Reborn Dragon wrote:
      Dynamo68 wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Isn't Alien proof that NRS could possibly do Motaro? I mean, I get it that Motaro, in his best form, is hard to develop but they should be able to do it.
      Despite what Riley said (no offense to him, since I respect his opinion), you do have a point about Motaro, Dragonspyne.
      (Riley literally points out why Motaro simply doesn't work anymore with logic. Still thinks the other guy has a point despite the Alien having nothing to do with a freaking centaur.)

      You could have replied to me in a nicer way (the second sentence is what I found "partially" insulting to me, the part where you said "Still thinks the other guy has a point"). Because of what you said to me, I'm done on this wiki. Goodbye, cruel world.

        Loading editor
    • As for Dragonspyne, I'll miss you.

        Loading editor
    • That's true about Motaro(what Dragonspyne said). Also please tell me your being sarcastic Dynamo68. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • I appreciate the sentiment, Dynamo, but I hope you're joking about leaving.

      As far as Motaro goes, Alien has a tail and it's body dynamics are greatly complecated. Frankly, if they can animate Alien then they can animate Motaro. Also, if they do it once they can copy the success for any other game after they do it.

        Loading editor
    • I'd rather have Motaro as a centaur than a minotaur any game, even if I wouldn't play it.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I appreciate the sentiment, Dynamo, but I hope you're joking about leaving.

      As far as Motaro goes, Alien has a tail and it's body dynamics are greatly complecated. Frankly, if they can animate Alien then they can animate Motaro. Also, if they do it once they can copy the success for any other game after they do it.

      Originally, I was gonna leave, but I decided to stay. Sorry for the late reply, though. I was at work. Perhaps work helped me reconsider my decision.

      Anyways, on another subject, do you think that MK should have multiple alternate timelines? The Legend of Zelda and (to some extent) Mega Man do that, so I don't see why not for MK. It's just that the whole killing off characters thing has been pissing me off (with the exception of a certain Mongolian who shall not be named).

        Loading editor
    • I'm not certain the original timeline exists anymore.

        Loading editor
    • The denial/mental gymnastics is real. I like Motaro as much as the next person, I really do, but he's not happening in this day and age. Best get over it.

      As for multiple timelines, nah. It'd be kinda silly and probably too convoluted for MK.

        Loading editor
    • I think MK's already convoluted enough.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I appreciate the sentiment, Dynamo, but I hope you're joking about leaving.

      As far as Motaro goes, Alien has a tail and it's body dynamics are greatly complecated. Frankly, if they can animate Alien then they can animate Motaro. Also, if they do it once they can copy the success for any other game after they do it.

      Looks like you've completely ignored my point, it's not Motaro's animations what's the core problem, it's everyone elses. Fatalities, grapple attacks, fuck, even brutalities would all need to be reworked in order to compensate for his frame which is some of the major reasons he was made into a Minotaur as it wasn't as strenous to get to work.

      Having a tail isn't even the reason behind my point about animating him, and because the Alien has and often will utilise only their legs to move, it's really not that hard to animate the Alien for their animations where they only use their legs. Motaro literally has to use ALL of his legs, which requires a strenous amount of time to ensure it looks fluid enough to pass off for realistic movement, seriously, using that as a way to argue Motaro would work is objectively wrong. Alien is nowhere in comparison to the difficulty on getting Motaro to work.

      Even if they went to do motion capture (which I believe they did for most of the combat stances and moves) it'd still be so time consuming as you need to run the motion capture through the engine and attach it to the character skeletons and ensure nothing's gone wrong through the attachment process (which believe me, will happen). 

      And because it'd be pretty hard to even use motion capture for Motaro that throws the entire thought out of the window. You're making animation seem a lot more simpler than it is, when honestly it's probably one of the most complex things working in media because of how strenous it can be and if one animation key looks wrong it can throw off the entire thing.

      And consider this, if they keep the Variation system that's gonna complicate shit even more as it'd require even more budget to think of moves what'll work with his limitations.

        Loading editor
    • dragon you literally are not understanding

      Motaro is a massive character with the body of a HORSE, one of the most complex animals to animate, let alone animate for a game. a FIGHTING game. do you have any idea how hard it would be not only to just sufficiently animate him but animate him enough to be viable for a boss-only appearance, let alone a playable character?

      and that's just scratching the surface of how many problems attempting Motaro would cause.

      it is simply not possible. you can't just make crass assumptions without technical knowledge.

        Loading editor
    • anyway fuck motaro, he sucks anyway. talk about something else to avoid any further conflict

        Loading editor
    • @Riley: Thanks for the further point. That makes a lot more sense. I still personally want Motaro in another game but your explanation does make the solid point that it would take too much to do it.

      @Dirtbag: Fine.

      @Dynamo: I have to agree with Ridley that a multiple universe system would cause confusion and be very convoluted. It would be fun but I don't think it'll be beneficial for NRS to do that. But one thing to look at would be those battle intros, alternate costumes, and repeated arcade ending concepts. Some, definitely not all, of those could be clues as to where NRS takes MK.

        Loading editor
    • Between his arsenal of teleporting, grab and punch across the screen, overpowered energy blasts from tail, projectile immunity and repelling, block-staggering regular attacks, often blocking jump attacks and countering, etc., Motaro also would've been too much bullshit for a reasonably designed boss in a modern MK. Even if his anatomy was more workable, he would've had to get nerfed, considerably.

      Changing subject, uhh... That fanmade MK encyclopedia's come along pretty well now, if anyone else has seen or known about it. It had been in development for awhile.

        Loading editor
    • I think the Realm of Chaos and the Realm of Order need sometime in the spotlight for the next game. As there aren't many characters that we know about from both realms.

        Loading editor
    • I hope Hotaru is present. And with Paul St. Peter either finished or just about finished with Kingdom Hearts 3, he'll likely be availible to reprise the role.

        Loading editor
    • With no Havik though, who would be Hotaru's rival?

        Loading editor
    • Havik should be ressurected by Raiden.

        Loading editor
    • Refresh my memory, when has Raiden resurrected people that were already dead with his own power?

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      Refresh my memory, when has Raiden resurrected people that were already dead with his own power?

      I mean I guess Zombie Liu Kang in the og timeline, but he used like a ritual from some necromancers he wiped out or something. Also, why the hell would Raiden ressurect Havik?

        Loading editor
    • I predict he would because the Elder Gods may strip him of his title as Protector of Earthrealm and give Fujiin the title. As for Raiden, the Elder Gods make him Protector of the Chaosrealm, and when things start going rough, he'll ressurect Havik.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      I predict he would because the Elder Gods may strip him of his title as Protector of Earthrealm and give Fujiin the title. As for Raiden, the Elder Gods make him Protector of the Chaosrealm, and when things start going rough, he'll ressurect Havik.

      None of that makes any sense, and I honestly wonder where half of you come up with this crap. Seriously, this makes John Vogel's writing and story planning look good by comparison.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, there was that.

      Yeah. Like the idea sounds somewhat interesting, but completely out of left field.

        Loading editor
    • Reborn Dragon wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      I predict he would because the Elder Gods may strip him of his title as Protector of Earthrealm and give Fujiin the title. As for Raiden, the Elder Gods make him Protector of the Chaosrealm, and when things start going rough, he'll ressurect Havik.
      None of that makes any sense, and I honestly wonder where half of you come up with this crap. Seriously, this makes John Vogel's writing and story planning look good by comparison.


      Well you got any ideas for Havik's ressurection?

        Loading editor
    • No idea but, we can't exclude Darrius either. After all, he is a unique character that does deserve a chance in the spotlight.

        Loading editor
    • I agree.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, it seems that every 3D era character are also the most underrated. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Yeah, it seems that every 3D era character are also the most underrated. -DinoLord00

      i dont know man mokap is the bomb

        Loading editor
    • Acethedemonking wrote:
      DinoLord00 wrote:
      Yeah, it seems that every 3D era character are also the most underrated. -DinoLord00
      i dont know man mokap is the bomb


      Well, there could be better joke characters. I always thought a good idea for an MK joke character would be a gentlemen like maitre d' who views his opponent as "A impolite and impatient customer who should be taught a lesson". If you don't think that's a good idea, post you're own ideas for joke characters, be as silly and over the top as you want.

        Loading editor
    • I got a perfect idea for a Mortal Kombat game. What would happen if there was a MK game when the main character is customizable. Where you get to customize the main character. I know it may sound stupid and silly, but customizable character games are the best. Take Mortal Kombat Armageddon for example. You get to create your own fighter for tower mode. But wouldn't be even better if you get to make a character for story mode. That would be awesome. This is my opinion, so yea.

        Loading editor
    • I'd like it if Kreate a Fighter returned. Soul Caliburs 4 and 5 perfected fighting game customization, what is NRS waiting for?

        Loading editor
    • @ Godzilla

      I don't really know anything about Soul Calibur. Do they even have a story mode, and if so, is the customizable character involved in the story?

        Loading editor
    • You could use a created character in what was sort of a story mode in SC4, but they didn't really have a story themselves or anything. That would never happen with MK in any case, though I wouldn't be opposed to more customization with the existing characters like in SC, which is kinda what they're doing in Injustice 2 with the armor customization. MK having that sort of system could be cool if it's not game balance breaking.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I think just aesthetic customization with MK characters could be pretty cool. I had thought about using a created character in the past for MK, but I always thought it would never work, simply due to it breaking canon and the other characters not really being able to interact with you properly in a story mode. The devs would either have to include a list of names you could call your character, then record every other character's actor saying each name in dialogue or just simply have every other character address the player as "man" or "woman" or something generic, which I've always hated in any type of game.

      Also, what would they do for the player's moveset in that situation? Just have every other character's kombos and specials available to copy and use? Because that would be lame, a la Armageddon.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      You could use a created character in what was sort of a story mode in SC4, but they didn't really have a story themselves or anything. That would never happen with MK in any case, though I wouldn't be opposed to more customization with the existing characters like in SC, which is kinda what they're doing in Injustice 2 with the armor customization. MK having that sort of system could be cool if it's not game balance breaking.


      Not unless in the Versus mode the established characters never actually say the created characters name, or the dialogue is skipped all together.

        Loading editor
    • I remember the create-a-wrestler on Smackdown Just Bring It. You can play the created wrestler in story mode but it was really weird. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that but as a separate story and that could even get convoluted.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, I'm late. Yeah Mokap isn't very underrated. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I wouldn't mind the joke characters coming back but I wonder if it's just going to be too much.

        Loading editor
    • Would you rather Mokap just make a cameo than be playable?

        Loading editor
    • Fusionx963 wrote:
      Would you rather Mokap just make a cameo than be playable?


      I'd like that.

        Loading editor
    • Yes. Mokap is just too silly to be a playable character and than waste a spot on the roster. I would prefer though he doesn't appear at all. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Got you're own ideas for a joke character?

        Loading editor
    • mokap should be a secret variation for johnny cage 

        Loading editor
    • Meat would make an excellent joke character.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe both Meat and Mokap could be secret variations for Johnny Cage. Come to think of it, Mokap could just be reconned to being Johnny Cage in a separate costume. Also, Meat could be the secret variation.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Maybe both Meat and Mokap could be secret variations for Johnny Cage. Come to think of it, Mokap could just be reconned to being Johnny Cage in a separate costume. Also, Meat could be the secret variation.

      Maybe he could be the variation of a cyborg character because they could just take apart and come together(similar to Meat) and if you do a little thinking, Meat could fit the role.

      -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • So, Meat would be a variation of Triborg?

        Loading editor