FANDOM


  • I'm unsure if this has already been discussed but what are the guest characters people would like to see in the next MK game

    EDIT: These characters don't have to be MK-type gory or something fitting for MK. Characters can be chosen regardless or legalities

      Loading editor
    • Undertaker 1999 ministry

      Undertaker

        Loading editor
    • Barrymk200 wrote:
      Undertaker 1999 ministry

      Undertaker

      What would his moveset be to make him unique?

        Loading editor
    • Unfortunately the other topic was sealed beacuse of trolls.  

      I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine. 

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:

      Unfortunately the other topic was sealed beacuse of trolls. 

      i hate trolls

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Barrymk200 wrote:
      Undertaker 1999 ministry

      Undertaker

      What would his moveset be to make him unique?


      He'd have lightning powers and he could get crazy stuff to come out of his urn.

        Loading editor
    • I could see the Undertaker having some variations like Dead Man, Phenom, and Old School.

        Loading editor
    • Because Vince McMahon and Mark Callaway would totally love to see him be brutally murdered in a video game...

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Because Vince McMahon and Mark Callaway would totally love to see him be brutally murdered in a video game...


      Ehhh, Taker has been "Burried Alive" and been covered in blood lots of time.

        Loading editor
    • Barrymk200 wrote:

      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Because Vince McMahon and Mark Callaway would totally love to see him be brutally murdered in a video game...


      Ehhh, Taker has been "Burried Alive" and been covered in blood lots of time.

      Yeah...when it wasn't PG and there's a difference in that compared to being fucking ripped apart.

        Loading editor
    • So? The Undertaker is a character. It's not like you're taking Mark Callaway himself.

        Loading editor
    • ...a character portrayed by him and the character is owned by Vince McMahon, someone who infamously fined people for blading. There is no fucking way he would allow him to appear in a video game like MK. Why in the fuck would someone who owns the character for a PG company want one of his creations to be in a violent video game series like Mortal Kombat, that'd be like fucking Mario being in it. C'mon guys don't be stupid about someone like The Undertaker.

        Loading editor
    • Look, I seriously doubt that the Undertaker would be in any MK let alone any other WWE superstar. Besides, WWE isn't really PG anyway. People get mangled up and beaten up on a regular basis on WWE. For you to say that WWE isn't violent, you're sorely mistaken. WWW may not be MK violent but putting a WWE superstar in MK wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, i don't think it would happen, but it would be pretty cool. I really think Undertaker would fit right in. I could see him being like Raiden but much darker and with more graveyard things.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote: Look, I seriously doubt that the Undertaker would be in any MK let alone any other WWE superstar. Besides, WWE isn't really PG anyway. People get mangled up and beaten up on a regular basis on WWE. For you to say that WWE isn't violent, you're sorely mistaken. WWW may not be MK violent but putting a WWE superstar in MK wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

      .....when in the hell did I say WWE wasn't violent? They literally have PG sponsors and they've said numerous times from the higher ups and wrestlers themselves it's PG, look at the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression era, that shit wasn't PG. You don't see them lying in pools of blood or swearing like a sailor or chicks being there for fan service, I used to watch WWE for years so er...you really don't need to act like you know better than me about it.

      And the point you're trying to make about WWE being violent is asinine, it's scripted moves where injuries are from botched moves. It's not like they go out of their way to actually physically brutalise each other, MK is no limits.

      And it really would be one of the worst things in the world, because they have no business being in the series, it'd be like having Mario or Fox McCloud in the games.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Unfortunately the other topic was sealed beacuse of trolls.  

      I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine. 

      That would be epic to see

      What about Bayonetta or Dante from Devil May Cry

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Yulong29 wrote:
      Unfortunately the other topic was sealed beacuse of trolls.  

      I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine. 

      That would be epic to see

      What about Bayonetta or Dante from Devil May Cry

      I would like to see both if possible. It would be funny to see a hardcore battle between these two icons of the hack n slash with all the blood and violence tha MK can offer. Both have lots of weapons and abilities that could be used in their variation system. But if I had to choose one, it would be Dante. For his variation system they could use his weapons or, if possible, they could do the same I suggested for Gabriel, using Dante, Vergil and Nero as variations.

        Loading editor
    • I would love to see Dante. I'm sure Capcom would never allow it but it would be cool.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Yulong29 wrote:
      Unfortunately the other topic was sealed beacuse of trolls.  

      I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine. 

      That would be epic to see

      What about Bayonetta or Dante from Devil May Cry

      I would like to see both if possible. It would be funny to see a hardcore battle between these two icons of the hack n slash with all the blood and violence tha MK can offer. Both have lots of weapons and abilities that could be used in their variation system. But if I had to choose one, it would be Dante. For his variation system they could use his weapons or, if possible, they could do the same I suggested for Gabriel, using Dante, Vergil and Nero as variations.

      Now that would be awesome and Bayonette would have herself, Rosa and Jeanne as variations that would be able to summon their demoness, I'd love to see how they'd MKify Madama Butterfly, Styx and Khapri, they'd be able to limited witch time, their grapple would something related to the bullet arts and their fatalities would revolve around both their demoness's and summons attacking the opponent in different ways

        Loading editor
    • Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?

      I think Delsin Rowe could fit in MK, the powers of neon, video and smoke would be perfect for his variation system. He could have interesting dialogues, for example, mistaking Cassie, Jacqui or Sonya for a DUP agent . He could also have interesting dialogues with Nightwolf if he returns and for his ending they could do something like Black Dragon trying to recruit him or someone mistaking him for Shang Tsung because of his absorbing powers. 

      What about Alex Mercer from Prototype. This game kinda resembles Infamous and I think he could fit in MK. What do you think?

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?
      I think Delsin Rowe could fit in MK, the powers of neon, video and smoke would be perfect for his variation system. He could have interesting dialogues, for example, mistaking Cassie, Jacqui or Sonya for a DUP agent . He could also have interesting dialogues with Nightwolf if he returns and for his ending they could do something like Black Dragon trying to recruit him or someone mistaking him for Shang Tsung because of his absorbing powers. 

      What about Alex Mercer from Prototype. This game kinda resembles Infamous and I think he could fit in MK. What do you think?

      We could have all three that way they would be able to have dialogue between them such as Cole thinking Alex is a conduit or Delsin showing admiration to Cole or Alex mistaking them for infected and wondering who made them

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:

      Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?
      I think Delsin Rowe could fit in MK, the powers of neon, video and smoke would be perfect for his variation system. He could have interesting dialogues, for example, mistaking Cassie, Jacqui or Sonya for a DUP agent . He could also have interesting dialogues with Nightwolf if he returns and for his ending they could do something like Black Dragon trying to recruit him or someone mistaking him for Shang Tsung because of his absorbing powers. 

      What about Alex Mercer from Prototype. This game kinda resembles Infamous and I think he could fit in MK. What do you think?

      We could have all three that way they would be able to have dialogue between them such as Cole thinking Alex is a conduit or Delsin showing admiration to Cole or Alex mistaking them for infected and wondering who made them

      That would be a lot of fun. However, I'm sure if theu were to ever use the Imfamous characters then they would only use one maybe two of them. Fans would already know what they would say to each other. They would want banter with the MK characters and them.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:

      Guldir wrote:

      Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?
      I think Delsin Rowe could fit in MK, the powers of neon, video and smoke would be perfect for his variation system. He could have interesting dialogues, for example, mistaking Cassie, Jacqui or Sonya for a DUP agent . He could also have interesting dialogues with Nightwolf if he returns and for his ending they could do something like Black Dragon trying to recruit him or someone mistaking him for Shang Tsung because of his absorbing powers. 

      What about Alex Mercer from Prototype. This game kinda resembles Infamous and I think he could fit in MK. What do you think?

      We could have all three that way they would be able to have dialogue between them such as Cole thinking Alex is a conduit or Delsin showing admiration to Cole or Alex mistaking them for infected and wondering who made them
      That would be a lot of fun. However, I'm sure if theu were to ever use the Imfamous characters then they would only use one maybe two of them. Fans would already know what they would say to each other. They would want banter with the MK characters and them.

      Banter with Cole and Delsin with the other Kombatants would be really funny they could not take the Kombatant seriously but in a way that doesn't mimic Johnny's arrogance

        Loading editor
    • Oh, Ruvik from Evil Within would also be pretty cool.

        Loading editor
    • Barrymk200 wrote: Oh, Ruvik from Evil Within would also be pretty cool.

      Just checked that out. I agree.

        Loading editor
    • Barrymk200 wrote:
      Oh, Ruvik from Evil Within would also be pretty cool.

      I just looked him up and that would be good to see, what would his variations be?

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Barrymk200 wrote:
      Oh, Ruvik from Evil Within would also be pretty cool.
      I just look him up and that would be good to see, what would his variations be?


      Fire power, mind power, uses his monsters for help.

        Loading editor
    • Barrymk200 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Barrymk200 wrote:
      Oh, Ruvik from Evil Within would also be pretty cool.
      I just looked him up and that would be good to see, what would his variations be?

      Fire power, mind power, uses his monsters for help.

      So one would just wield nothing but fire, another would have his mind and the final would summon monsters, sounds cool

        Loading editor
    • It almost sounds like the variations are a little too simplistic. I don't mind the variations, it's just that the variation make him feel like he's three different characters.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      It almost sounds like the variations are a little too simplistic. I don't mind the variations, it's just that the variation make him feel like he's three different characters.

      I was thinking the same maybe it's a triborg type character

        Loading editor
    • I suppose it would be that way. I mean, maybe to prevent that, the character can have all the powers in every variation but there is a focus power in each variation.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose it would be that way. I mean, maybe to prevent that, the character can have all the powers in every variation but there is a focus power in each variation.

      That would be a lot better

        Loading editor
    • Otherwise you're just getting another Tri-Borg.

        Loading editor
    • How about one of Universal's movie monsters? Dracula, the Frankenstein monster, Imhotep, the Invisible Man, the Wolf Man, the Phantom of the Opera, the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      How about one of Universal's movie monsters? Dracula, the Frankenstein monster, Imhotep, the Invisible Man, the Wolf Man, the Phantom of the Opera, the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

      It'd be cool seeing Imhotep and Shang tsung either fight against each other or work together

        Loading editor
    • I can see just about any one of them. They all have their special little reasons why they would fit.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I can see just about any one of them. They all have their special little reasons why they would fit.

      Agreed, they could be here to seek out immortality.

      I'd love to Klarion the witch boy, Felix Faust and Trigon

        Loading editor
    • I had to look those characters up. They would fit but they are DC characters and DC won't allow them to be put into a Mortal Kombat game.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I had to look those characters up. They would fit but they are DC characters and DC won't allow them to be put into a Mortal Kombat game.

      Oh, but what about the crossover they had or the fighter packs that have Raiden, Sub-Zero and Scorpion in them, that what e think of these characters

        Loading editor
    • That's an MK character going to a DC game where the characters have to play by their rules. If DC did that then the DC characters would need to be killed off and DC doesn't like that. At least, not in the way MK characters would kill them off.

        Loading editor
    • So... does the TMNT reveal for Injustice 2 give any new ideas or perspective for guests in MK?

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl
      Dirtbag Daryl removed this reply because:
      22:28, November 12, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • For a joke guest inclusion, I was thinking the Power Rangers, preferably the original Mighty Morphin. Like the MK ninjas in their debut, they had the whole palette swap shtick going for them too.

      Probably better suited for the next Injustice though, and plus like TMNT, the Power Rangers have had crossover comics with DC.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting.

        Loading editor
    • I like that idea for the Power Rangers to be guests on Injustice. I would prefer to see Spawn and the Mask in MK.

        Loading editor
    • The Mask would be tricky since he can do almost anything. I've been pondering about V from V for Vendetta, or maybe a horror character from a more gothic themed horror movie as guest characters.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I like that idea for the Power Rangers to be guests on Injustice. I would prefer to see Spawn and the Mask in MK.

      I would love to see both of them as they are both empowered by gods so seeing them interacting with them would be fun

        Loading editor
    • What about Geralt from The Witcher franchise? His variation system would be quite simple: "steel for humans", using his steel sword and based on Aard and Quen signals; "silver for monsters", using his silver sword and based on Igni and Yrden signals and "white wolf", using his crossbow and based on Axii signal, bombs and potions.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      What about Geralt from The Witcher franchise? His variation system would be quite simple: "steel for humans", using his steel sword and based on Aard and Quen signals; "silver for monsters", using his silver sword and based on Igni and Yrden signals and "white wolf", using his crossbow and based on Axii signal, bombs and potions.


      Good idea.

        Loading editor
    • @Godzillavkk: V is from DC. Wouldn't happen. Would love to see it though.

        Loading editor
    • V should be no problem. NRS makes the Injustice Games, and thats DC.

        Loading editor
    • What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows

      I htought Dracula should be included with other Universal monsters.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows
      I thought Dracula should be included with other Universal monsters.

      Can you elaborate, please?

        Loading editor
    • Put Dracula in a fighters pack that has him, the Frankenstein monster, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, the Wolf Man, the Phantom of the Opera, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Put Dracula in a fighters pack that has him, the Frankenstein monster, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, the Wolf Man, the Phantom of the Opera, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

      That would be excellent, which is why I wanted Dracula, Alucard and Trevor to be a single character roster slot.

        Loading editor
    • Imagine Doomguy in MK. That would be sick.

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows

      I've suggested that in this thread, but I put Gabriel belmont instead of Trevor. That was my post: 

      "I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine."

        Loading editor
    • I love the idea of the Universal Monsters in MK.

      Doomguy along with Baron of Hell and a Cyber Demon would be flippin' awesome.

        Loading editor
    • Universal Monsters are too goofy for MK honestly, they'd be more suitable a for a horror-centered fighting game. a guy like Ash from Evil Dead would be perfect though, same goes for Doom Guy.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows
      I've suggested that in this thread, but I put Gabriel belmont instead of Trevor. That was my post: 

      "I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine."

      My apologies I was meaning to return to your suggestion but replace Gabriel with Trevor instead so that the Belmont scope could be widened, I still think any three would be epic even add-on The Lords themselves.

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows
      I've suggested that in this thread, but I put Gabriel belmont instead of Trevor. That was my post: 

      "I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine."

      My apologies I was meaning to return to your suggestion but replace Gabriel with Trevor instead so that the Belmont scope could be widened, I still think any three would be epic even add-on The Lords themselves.

      No problem. It would be interessting to see Trevor, I think he has the best devices in Mirror of Fate, wich would give him an interesting combat system and also his appearanceis one of the coolests. What about Victor Belmont? He shares the same abillties with Gabriel plus that giant form. His appearance is also quite badass. He could be a fourth character if we consider that "Triborg" also has four characters.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Yulong29 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      What about Dracula, Alucard and Trevor Belmont from Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows
      I've suggested that in this thread, but I put Gabriel belmont instead of Trevor. That was my post: 

      "I would more than love to see Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania Lords of shadow. I think he totally fits in a MK game. I imagine his variation system similar to Triborg, three characters in one. The first variation would be Gabriel Belmont, with all his powers and abilities from the first Lords of Shadow, including the Vampire Killer Combat Cross; the second variation would be Dracul form, with all Dracula's powers and abilities from Lords of Shadow 2, including Shadow Whip, Void Sword and Chaos Claws and the thrid variation would be Alucard mixing Mirror of Fate and the DLC Revelations powers and abilities, including the Dark Pain and the Crissaegrim. I know it's propably impossible to see such thing happening, but it's interesting to imagine."

      My apologies I was meaning to return to your suggestion but replace Gabriel with Trevor instead so that the Belmont scope could be widened, I still think any three would be epic even add-on The Lords themselves.
      No problem. It would be interessting to see Trevor, I think he has the best devices in Mirror of Fate, wich would give him an interesting combat system and also his appearanceis one of the coolests. What about Victor Belmont? He shares the same abillties with Gabriel plus that giant form. His appearance is also quite badass. He could be a fourth character if we consider that "Triborg" also has four characters.

      So it's decided The Belmonts shoild be set as each variation and their costume will include Simon and Victor as variations which would be awesome

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      Universal Monsters are too goofy for MK honestly, they'd be more suitable a for a horror-centered fighting game. a guy like Ash from Evil Dead would be perfect though, same goes for Doom Guy.

      Yeah, you're right. Plus, the Universal Monsters are a bit too general anyway.

      Ash would be boss though.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      Universal Monsters are too goofy for MK honestly, they'd be more suitable a for a horror-centered fighting game. a guy like Ash from Evil Dead would be perfect though, same goes for Doom Guy.
      Yeah, you're right. Plus, the Universal Monsters are a bit too general anyway.

      Ash would be boss though.

      The Belmont's would a lot better than the Universal Monsters seeing as they're not so general but are very popular depictions of their characters.

        Loading editor
    • How about one of the characters from Cannibal Holocaust?

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      Universal Monsters are too goofy for MK honestly, they'd be more suitable a for a horror-centered fighting game. a guy like Ash from Evil Dead would be perfect though, same goes for Doom Guy.
      Yeah, you're right. Plus, the Universal Monsters are a bit too general anyway.

      Ash would be boss though.

      The Belmont's would a lot better than the Universal Monsters seeing as they're not so general but are very popular depictions of their characters.

      I could see that. I'm just not sure about the content. It might be just a notch lower than what MK would need.

      @Godzillavkk: That's a pretty random B-Movie to bring to this universe. It works because of the violence in the movie but I don't think it's popular enough nor is it relevent by today's fans.

        Loading editor
    • I can see whay finding guest characters for Mortal Kombat is tricky, because as far as I know, Gore movies are mostly B material with the exception of horror seriel killers. But it seems we're running out of seriel killers. I still think it would be funny to bring in characters NOT associated with gore and have them do gory stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      I can see whay finding guest characters for Mortal Kombat is tricky, because as far as I know, Gore movies are mostly B material with the exception of horror seriel killers. But it seems we're running out of seriel killers. I still think it would be funny to bring in characters NOT associated with gore and have them do gory stuff.

      We should completely gorify Mickey Mouse

        Loading editor
    • put me in the game

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      put me in the game

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWP_q4os-5g

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      put me in the game

      LOL

        Loading editor
    • Well, if we put in characters who are not gory then having the Power Rangers would not be such a bad idea. LOL

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Well, if we put in characters who are not gory then having the Power Rangers would not be such a bad idea. LOL

      We should have all of them along with Mickey and Minnie mouse

        Loading editor
    • How about a Mortal Kombat with no guest characters? This has been a running trend in fighting games since Soul Calibur II. Now we have Tekken, Dead or Alive, and Killer Instinct hopping on the same bandwagon, and the wheels are getting worn out.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the guest characters tend to sell better (heck i wouldn't be suprised if the TMNT are the best selling characters in IJ2) so I guess as long as the guest characters make money, this trend will continue. In my opinion, I don't mind them a lot, but i will get irritated if they take up at least half of the roster. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • RichFromStaten wrote:
      How about a Mortal Kombat with no guest characters? This has been a running trend in fighting games since Soul Calibur II. Now we have Tekken, Dead or Alive, and Killer Instinct hopping on the same bandwagon, and the wheels are getting worn out.

      I can give Killer Instinct a pass on it at least since it still included every character from the original games by the end of season 3 (thank God), and then some, so in the end Rash, Arbiter, and RAAM came at the expense of no one.

      NRS games on the other hand...

        Loading editor
    • guest characters in relation to MK will be hard to come by at this point since few would be good or viable. really, the only one I can think of that would fit and is worth the effort is Ash from Evil Dead. plus, I doubt it's anyone's best interest to do the same thing twice (so no Freddy, Jason, Alien, Predator or Leatherface).

      that's not including game characters, though, so I suppose they could go that route again if they really wanted. like Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal for Sony, Marcus Fenix for Microsoft, something like that.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I wouldn't really be fond of console exclusives, but it's not to sy those are bad guest character ideas. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't really be fond of console exclusives, but it's not to sy those are bad guest character ideas. -DinoLord00

      they don't have to be console exclusives, they can do game guest chars in general as well. the problem is finding a good fit.

        Loading editor
    • I don't even like Kratos, and found him to be arguably a better fit than most of the guests MK got afterward. But yeah, more video game characters would be good, regardless of exclusitivity.

        Loading editor
    • How about Apollyon from "For Honor"?

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't mind console exclusives. When it came to Soul Calibur 2, I just got the Xbox copy and waited for the other two to be bought second hand and bought those two.

        Loading editor
    • Apollyon is a mixed bag for me. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Oh! How about the Dark Wanderer from "Diablo"?

        Loading editor
    • Assuming he doesn't play like Kenshi or any sword wielding kombatant for that matter, I'm okay with him. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • He'd probably be a medieval scorpion like character.

        Loading editor
    • Triborg didn't play any role in MKX story mode, can we consider him as a guest character? If we can, what about bring other MK dead characters as guest characters, Shao Kahn for example?

        Loading editor
    • How could he play a role if he wasn't created by the developers at the time of the story? And a guest character is a character from one franchise appearing in another, any MK character appearing in an MK game isn't a guest character. Scorpion, Sub Zero and Raiden are guest characters in Injustice 1 and 2 for example. 

      I don't really understand how you got that logic from. 

        Loading editor
    • How about holiday figures as dark comedy joke characters? Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, etc etc.

        Loading editor
    • Nope.

        Loading editor
    • Too silly for you? If so, what joke character would YOU choose regardless if their original or a guest?

        Loading editor
      • they're

      And I'd rather there not be a joke character period.

        Loading editor
    • How about Rayne from Bloodrayne?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I'd rather keep joke characters out as well unless they're skins for existing characters like Mokap for Johnny Cage.

      I think Rayne would work but I feel that the movies have ruined her for any MK game.

        Loading editor
    • Movies by a shitty director don't really disregard the fact Rayne would be a pretty good option, if they could ever get the licensing for her given how Terminal Reality shut down.

        Loading editor
    • I picked her because I don't know many other gore games. And also, I've seen MUCH worse than Uwe Boll's game movies, MUCH MUCH worse.

        Loading editor
    • fuck

        Loading editor
    • godzillavkk.

        Loading editor
    • Fireworks888 wrote: godzillavkk.

      hey settle down

        Loading editor
    • wubba lubba dub dub they should add pickle rick

        Loading editor
    • Geralt of Rivia sound like a good guest character?

        Loading editor
    • Never heard of her/him so I don't know.

      By the day, Dirtbag Daryl, with no disrespect or anything, but why did you edit FireWorks888 comment? No typos were fixed and the edited version looks nothing like his original post. Don't get me wrong, it was an insulting post, but I believe deletin git would've been better. Just asking.

      And here comes the snarky Fireworks comment. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • i prefer humiliation over standard punishment

        Loading editor
    • DinoLord00 wrote:
      Never heard of her/him so I don't know.

      By the day, Dirtbag Daryl, with no disrespect or anything, but why did you edit FireWorks888 comment? No typos were fixed and the edited version looks nothing like his original post. Don't get me wrong, it was an insulting post, but I believe deletin git would've been better. Just asking.

      And here comes the snarky Fireworks comment. -DinoLord00

      how was calling godzilla my apostle insulting. id be honored to be my apostle.

        Loading editor
    • oh yeah i said sperg

        Loading editor
    • Anyway...Geralt would be fun to play against the Kombatants.

        Loading editor
    • How about a full murders pack: Jigsaw, Candyman, Hannibal and Pennywise

        Loading editor
    • Well if they're all in one pack while we get more MK characters in the other packs, that'd actually be fine.

      Of course, MK11 could end up going the Injustice 2 route of only having three characters per fighter pack instead of four.

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      How about a full murders pack: Jigsaw, Candyman, Hannibal and Pennywise

      how could jigsaw or hannibal ever work.

        Loading editor
    • Fireworks888 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      How about a full murders pack: Jigsaw, Candyman, Hannibal and Pennywise
      how could jigsaw or hannibal ever work.

      Jigsaw could either alter the battleground at times or attach modifiers to him or the opponent, hannibal would be able to bite opponents and go into a berserker mode to increase himself

        Loading editor
    • How about at least one character from Sin City?

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:

      Fireworks888 wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      How about a full murders pack: Jigsaw, Candyman, Hannibal and Pennywise
      how could jigsaw or hannibal ever work.

      Jigsaw could either alter the battleground at times or attach modifiers to him or the opponent, hannibal would be able to bite opponents and go into a berserker mode to increase himself

      I have to say that would just be blowing a load on one game. Save some for the next game.

        Loading editor
    • im pretty sure a 52 year old cancer patient and a 45 year old surgeon would feel out of place in mortal kombat, where everyone is a superhuman martial artist who can do backflips and shrug off getting their spines broken.

        Loading editor
    • What about Talion/Celebrimbor, from Middle Earth games? Could he fit in a Mortal Kombat game?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote: What about Talion/Celebrimbor, from Middle Earth games? Could he fit in a Mortal Kombat game?

      sure but I doubt Monolith/whoever at WB handles LOTR stuff would appreciate Talion getting ripped in half. Sony just barely let NRS do Kratos, and even then they had to alter every time he was done a fatality on so he never screamed or looked like he was in fear.

        Loading editor
    • Good point. Agreed, a character not only has to fit but they should react to what happens to them.

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:

      Yulong29 wrote: What about Talion/Celebrimbor, from Middle Earth games? Could he fit in a Mortal Kombat game?

      sure but I doubt Monolith/whoever at WB handles LOTR stuff would appreciate Talion getting ripped in half. Sony just barely let NRS do Kratos, and even then they had to alter every time he was done a fatality on so he never screamed or looked like he was in fear.

      Good point.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Good point. Agreed, a character not only has to fit but they should react to what happens to them.

      Indeed, otherwise it would be weird and lose half of the "beauty" of the game.

        Loading editor
    • But I have to say that a character who dies without screaming is rather awesome even though that's not the MK way.

        Loading editor
    • bump

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      bump

      Care to elaborate

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:

      Dirtbag Daryl wrote:
      bump

      Care to elaborate

      it's a term for keeping a thread alive

        Loading editor
    • That is important.

      Have we talked about Pinhead?

        Loading editor
    • who you callin pinhead

        Loading editor
    • Kratos The God Of War The Ghost Of Sparta

        Loading editor
    • He won't be back.

        Loading editor
    • Talion could make it on the list due to the decapitation in the game

        Loading editor
    • That logic isn't exactly great, because it's not Talion who's getting dismembered it's the Uruks and seeing how Talion can get beaten to shit, eaten off screen, etc yet we don't actually see the acts it's difficult to even say WB would let him, which I'd imagine they wouldn't because of how protective they are of ME: SOM

        Loading editor
    • Michael Myers

      Only makes sense coming off of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      That logic isn't exactly great, because it's not Talion who's getting dismembered it's the Uruks and seeing how Talion can get beaten to shit, eaten off screen, etc yet we don't actually see the acts it's difficult to even say WB would let him, which I'd imagine they wouldn't because of how protective they are of ME: SOM

      I know the logic is lacking but it shouldn't be dismissed so quickly

        Loading editor
    • Let's suppose Talion can be in the game, how would his variation system be like?

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      That logic isn't exactly great, because it's not Talion who's getting dismembered it's the Uruks and seeing how Talion can get beaten to shit, eaten off screen, etc yet we don't actually see the acts it's difficult to even say WB would let him, which I'd imagine they wouldn't because of how protective they are of ME: SOM
      I know the logic is lacking but it shouldn't be dismissed so quickly

      It can be because of the logic, Mario can technically make Bowser explode in Mario 64, does that make him legible to be in the game?

        Loading editor
    • @Yulong and Riley: I can see what Yulong is talking about just because of Yulong displaying the gore but I see what Riley is saying about not being able to see it in the game. I would have to agree more to Riley. The developers of the game obviously didn't want to show the death of Yulong so I doubt that he would work for MK.

      @JK45: I would love to see Michael Myers in this game. He is one of my favorite horror movie villains. I'm a little worried that he would just be a Jason clone with a smaller blade.

      Also, when I said Pinhead, I was talking about the Hell Priest cenobite from Hellraiser. Personally, I think he would be perfect in a future MK game. So much depth.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      Let's suppose Talion can be in the game, how would his variation system be like?

      Archer, Ranger, Wraith, maybe?

        Loading editor
    • Why would a LOTR character be in MK?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?

      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters

      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:

      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters

      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.

      Agreed. LOTR is not exactly famous for its over the top blood and gore.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:

      Riley Heligo wrote:

      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters
      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.
      Agreed. LOTR is not exactly famous for its over the top blood and gore.


      LOTR isn't, but SOM and SOW are.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:

      Riley Heligo wrote:


      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters
      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.
      Agreed. LOTR is not exactly famous for its over the top blood and gore.

      LOTR isn't, but SOM and SOW are.

      Except it's really not over the top, anyone who's played the games would know that. The most "over the top" is dismemberment (and the potential return scars, but even then they're rather tame) and that was only in SOW, in SOM you could only decapitate Uruks and it's not like it's just gushing pools of blood. It's not MK levels of violence with you being able to gut Uruks and watch them trying to put them back in. 

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:

      Riley Heligo wrote:


      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters
      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.
      Agreed. LOTR is not exactly famous for its over the top blood and gore.

      LOTR isn't, but SOM and SOW are.
      Except it's really not over the top, anyone who's played the games would know that. The most "over the top" is dismemberment (and the potential return scars, but even then they're rather tame) and that was only in SOW, in SOM you could only decapitate Uruks and it's not like it's just gushing pools of blood. It's not MK levels of violence with you being able to gut Uruks and watch them trying to put them back in. 


      Gore is gore. What does it matter if it's over the top or not? Anything gory should at least have a chance of having a guest spot in an MK game.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:

      Riley Heligo wrote:



      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Why would a LOTR character be in MK?
      The same reason that a GOW character was in it along with horror movie characters
      Except Kratos and those characters made sense because they're in media what shares a similar level of brutality what MK has, SOM/SOW doesn't, and even then they don't own the character Celebrimbor (who's the reason Talion still even breathes) so getting the rights to use the character again, a bit hard given how Tolkien's not exactly lenient with rights.
      Agreed. LOTR is not exactly famous for its over the top blood and gore.

      LOTR isn't, but SOM and SOW are.
      Except it's really not over the top, anyone who's played the games would know that. The most "over the top" is dismemberment (and the potential return scars, but even then they're rather tame) and that was only in SOW, in SOM you could only decapitate Uruks and it's not like it's just gushing pools of blood. It's not MK levels of violence with you being able to gut Uruks and watch them trying to put them back in. 

      Gore is gore. What does it matter if it's over the top or not? Anything gory should at least have a chance of having a guest spot in an MK game.

      Yeah, no. GTA Vice City you could shoot off limbs, does that give Tommy the chance to be in the game?

        Loading editor
    • Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.

      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.
      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.


      You'd be surprised where LoZ can poke it's face in. When Skyrim came to Nintendo Switch, clothing, armor and weapons from the Zelda games was brought in. Not kidding.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.
      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.

      You'd be surprised where LoZ can poke it's face in. When Skyrim came to Nintendo Switch, clothing, armor and weapons from the Zelda games was brought in. Not kidding.

      ...yeah that's not actually Link the protagonist of the series. That's his equipment, so that counterpoint is just bad.

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.
      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.

      You'd be surprised where LoZ can poke it's face in. When Skyrim came to Nintendo Switch, clothing, armor and weapons from the Zelda games was brought in. Not kidding.
      ...yeah that's not actually Link the protagonist of the series. That's his equipment, so that counterpoint is just bad.


      I know. But any character can be a guest character regardless of origin. MK has had DC characters, and though the fatalities were not gory per se, they were still pretty painful ways to die. Heck, if MK characters can be made non-gory in Injustice games, then visa-versa.

        Loading editor
    • to be fair, mkvsdc is considered a failure by both the devs and the fans. so i dont think the whole "well they did dc characters so any character is valid" argument has much merit since if anything, the devs would try to stray from that thought process.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.
      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.

      You'd be surprised where LoZ can poke it's face in. When Skyrim came to Nintendo Switch, clothing, armor and weapons from the Zelda games was brought in. Not kidding.
      ...yeah that's not actually Link the protagonist of the series. That's his equipment, so that counterpoint is just bad.

      I know. But any character can be a guest character regardless of origin. MK has had DC characters, and though the fatalities were not gory per se, they were still pretty painful ways to die. Heck, if MK characters can be made non-gory in Injustice games, then visa-versa.

      Not really, because MK vs DC was considered to be almost the franchise killer by both the devs and fans. And your use of vice versa is really proving how horrible your argument in this is, NRS MADE Scorpion so of course they're gonna know how to make him work.

        Loading editor
    • Not to me. MK vs DC introduced me to MK.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      Knowing GTW fans, they might approve of that.
      That doesn't answer the question. Your logic of even a small amount of gore/blood doesn't work as LoZ has blood in the game, so by definition Link too has a chance.

      You'd be surprised where LoZ can poke it's face in. When Skyrim came to Nintendo Switch, clothing, armor and weapons from the Zelda games was brought in. Not kidding.
      ...yeah that's not actually Link the protagonist of the series. That's his equipment, so that counterpoint is just bad.

      I know. But any character can be a guest character regardless of origin. MK has had DC characters, and though the fatalities were not gory per se, they were still pretty painful ways to die. Heck, if MK characters can be made non-gory in Injustice games, then visa-versa.

      Mortal Kombat never had DC Comics characters. The game you are describing (Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe) was only a crossover game developed in the style of Mortal Kombat. And it's troubling that fans over the years have considered this game to be the eighth in the series, when it's not even set in the official canon.

      Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe also precedes Midway's bankruptcy and eventual purchase by Warner Brothers, so this game was more or less an introductory collaboration between Warner Brothers and Ed Boon and his creative team who would eventually be reorganized under Netherrealm Studios.

        Loading editor
    • It still introduced me to MK, so I really don't care.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      It still introduced me to MK, so I really don't care.

      And it really shows how little you could continue arguing.

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      It still introduced me to MK, so I really don't care.
      And it really shows how little you could continue arguing.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWP_q4os-5g

        Loading editor
    • Dirtbag Daryl
      Dirtbag Daryl removed this reply because:
      16:02, December 26, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Riley Heligo wrote:
      Godzillavkk wrote:
      It still introduced me to MK, so I really don't care.
      And it really shows how little you could continue arguing.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWP_q4os-5g

      How childish.

        Loading editor
    • Its true SOW isn't dramatically bloody but it has potential to be and sure the same can be said about LoZ but which of the two would you rather see

        Loading editor
    • What needs to be taken into consideration is that characters that have appeared as guests in the last two Mortal Kombat games originate from film franchises that are known for their extreme violence. And most of them are predators or mass-murderers who usually meet their end by the protagonists of those movies.

      It wouldn't be practical to include a real-life personality like the Undertaker in an MK game, because his inclusion would mean that he would have to be depicted in a situation where is gored to death. And that doesn't look good on Undertaker himself (who is only playing a role) or the WWE brand. I wouldn't want my employees to be depicted being killed in a gruesome fashion.

      The same can be said for video game franchises that aren't known to be as violent and gory as Mortal Kombat, like Castlevania. It would be ridiculous to see any character in that franchise dismembered, skinned alive, or have a spear rammed through their head. Ditto for comic book characters too, which is why Ed Boon and his creative team where forced to tone down the violence for the MK vs DC crossover.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Undertaker is just a persona. However, as fun as it might be to play the Dead Man, he wouldn't fit in anyway. WWE is just not gorey enough.

        Loading editor
    • every post richfromstaten has ever made is correct

        Loading editor
    • SOW still shouldn't be neglected here, sure it's not over the top gory for Talion but it's still enemy gory a lot more than the first which had few but Talion takes injury and yes having your neck ritualistically slit isn't in-your-face gore but having your head cut-off would ruin the whole "what your wife and son bleed out in front of you as you do the same" and it'd be hard to continue the game if the main character can't be necromantically brought back

        Loading editor
    • SOW/SOM regardless of game is irrelevant as there's no serious extent of injuries to Talion thus arguing the point makes it weaker, and I've already said it's more than the stuff not happening to Talion. WB don't OWN the rights to Celebrimbor who's the reason Talion can keep coming back, WB would have to apply for another license to use Celebrimbor as it'd be pretty shitty to use his (spoilers but I don't really care) Nazgul form where his more commonly known appearance is before that. Talion's too difficult a character to implement without a lot of legal bullshit and also how strict Monolith would be on them using Talion, as I doubt they want a character they hand carved to be brutally disembowelled on screen.

        Loading editor
    • Is there a character from Saw that could come to MK? This person could strap the defeated opponent in a trap. Could take a bit long but it could be entertaining.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Is there a character from Saw that could come to MK? This person could strap the defeated opponent in a trap. Could take a bit long but it could be entertaining.

      I don't think any characters from the Saw movies would work in a fighting game environment, but I do believe an arena based on the Saw franchise with the different deathtraps scattered across it to be used as interactables or stage fatality could actually be really good.

        Loading editor
    • How about Selene from Underworld?

        Loading editor
    • JK45 wrote:

      Dragonspyne wrote:
      Is there a character from Saw that could come to MK? This person could strap the defeated opponent in a trap. Could take a bit long but it could be entertaining.

      I don't think any characters from the Saw movies would work in a fighting game environment, but I do believe an arena based on the Saw franchise with the different deathtraps scattered across it to be used as interactables or stage fatality could actually be really good.

      That's a better idea and yes, there is no character from the Saw franchise. I figured that I'd see if anyone could prove me wrong.

      @Godzillavkk: Selene would be fun to play.

        Loading editor
    • "I figured that I'd see if anyone could prove me wrong."

      i proved you wrong an entire month ago, on this very thread.

        Loading editor
    • I would find an arena based on the setting of Saw would be fantastic. As for Jigsaw being playable, I find the chances of him coming pretty low, but then again we got characters like Leatherface and Alien. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Yeah because neither of those two are frail cancer patients.

        Loading editor
    • Figured, like I said, he has a low chance. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • And you also used Leatherface and Alien as points to suggest he's possible as a playable character.

        Loading editor
    • They were examples as to how an unworkable character was made. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • You know, now that I think about it, it's a pretty stupid idea. Yeah, I guess you're right. -DinoLord00

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Along with Bayonetta I'd love to see Infamous characters. Thought?

      I agree. Bayonetta needs to be in an MK game. However, she might only be Nintendo-exclusive and most Fatalities on her would probably have to be toned down, much like Kratos in MK9.

        Loading editor
    • We haven't had a Nintendo MK since Armageddon which was over a decade ago. I doubt we'll see one soon either.

        Loading editor
    • Eh, with how successful the Switch is, not just as a system but with 3rd parties (for now at least), an MK on a Nintendo system feels more feasible now than it has in a long time.

      Ed Boon has even expressed wanting to have more games of his on the Switch, but it really depends on how much Warner Bros is willing to support the system.

      Even if the Switch later proves too underpowered to have like MK11 on it, at least have the classic MK's ported or the previous ones (MK9 and X) like how they got Street Fighter II on the Switch. Just something, anything.

        Loading editor
    • Chucky. I know he's a shorty, but that didn't stop Namco from giving their SC characters adjustments needed to fight Yoda in SCIV. If Namco can do that, so can NRS. And if Namco could create a custom Critical Finisher to be used on Yoda, NRS can create a custom fatality to be used on Chucky.

      Shredder. I know what your thinking. "What the hell!? Shredder from Ninja Turtles!?" Well if you dealve into the comics that spawned the TMNT franchise, you'd quickly realize that the comics are more like Sin City than any cartoon. Plus, in the current cartoon, he stabbed Splinter in the chest... on screen.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Chucky. I know he's a shorty, but that didn't stop Namco from giving their SC characters adjustments needed to fight Yoda in SCIV. If Namco can do that, so can NRS. And if Namco could create a custom Critical Finisher to be used on Yoda, NRS can create a custom fatality to be used on Chucky.

      Shredder. I know what your thinking. "What the hell!? Shredder from Ninja Turtles!?" Well if you dealve into the comics that spawned the TMNT franchise, you'd quickly realize that the comics are more like Sin City than any cartoon. Plus, in the current cartoon, he stabbed Splinter in the chest... on screen.

      youre a shorty

        Loading editor
    • Ya know what? Why not. At least Chucky still has good movies, unlike the other slashers that are pretty much dead. Shredder I could entertain as well, even if I would've liked him in IJ2 along with the Turtles.

        Loading editor
    • I would agree that the Chucky movies are pretty fun. Having Chucky in MK would be a fun idea to entertain. There are already adjustments for taller characters so I doubt it would be too much for a shorter character.

      Now Shredder is an interesting character to bring into the MK universe. Fun and would make for some great Lin Kuei confusion banter between him and Scorpion, Frost, Tri-Borg, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, and Takeda. I wonder if the creators would have the same kind of problem that DC has with their own characters.

        Loading editor
    • Hm, now that is the question... Also, let us not forget the Shredder inspiration that was Deception Sub-Zero's design.

        Loading editor
    • Ridley Prime wrote:
      Eh, with how successful the Switch is, not just as a system but with 3rd parties (for now at least), an MK on a Nintendo system feels more feasible now than it has in a long time.

      Ed Boon has even expressed wanting to have more games of his on the Switch, but it really depends on how much Warner Bros is willing to support the system.

      Even if the Switch later proves too underpowered to have like MK11 on it, at least have the classic MK's ported or the previous ones (MK9 and X) like how they got Street Fighter II on the Switch. Just something, anything.


      Has WB released any games on the Switch yet? I know there's a few shovelware or LEGO games on it at least but besides that. They might bring serious support back to Nintendo if the system keeps doing as well as it is right now, most would probably not remember but WB did end up releasing a few big games on the Wii U before it bit the dust, I think they might be taking their time with the Switch

        Loading editor
    • JK45 wrote:


      Has WB released any games on the Switch yet? I know there's a few shovelware or LEGO games on it at least but besides that. They might bring serious support back to Nintendo if the system keeps doing as well as it is right now, most would probably not remember but WB did end up releasing a few big games on the Wii U before it bit the dust, I think they might be taking their time with the Switch

      Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. The Wii U was lucky to even get Injustice, some of the Arkham's, and such, though the lack of MK9 was a glaring omission. But yeah, hopefully the Switch remains successful long enough for them to decide on supporting it by bringing MK stuff over on it.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt MK11 will reach it. It would be a shame too because I kind of miss Khameleon.

        Loading editor
    • What about Dante, from Dante's Inferno. Would he fit?

        Loading editor
    • I think so.

        Loading editor
    • Probably. He might be a bit too uber though.

        Loading editor
    • Just shrink the scythe and presto.

        Loading editor
    • GIMMIE BACK ME SCYTHE MON

        Loading editor
    • I'm mostly talking about how uber his power is. He'd have to be nerfed.

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of weakened characters, How about the Horsemen of Apocalypse?

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm. Interesting.

        Loading editor
    • hmmmmmm

        Loading editor
    • How about Turok?

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      How about Turok?

      Interesting, How would he play?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe he'd be like Nightwolf except slower and a bit tougher. Admittingly I know little about the character I only discovered him yesterday.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Maybe he'd be like Nightwolf except slower and a bit tougher. Admittingly I know little about the character I only discovered him yesterday.

      Ditto, I know barely anything about him anyway

        Loading editor
    • Turok would be hard to develop. Being that he's mostly a 1st person shooter type character, his dynamic would totally change. I suppose you could give him an arsenal of weapons to fight with.

        Loading editor
    • While I have some degree of fondness for Turok, would rather just have the modern Doomguy as far as FPS icons go. His melee kills are made for MK's over the top violence.

        Loading editor
    • Would it be more fitting if The Horsemen were their own characters, costumes or variations like triborg

        Loading editor
    • One challenge for the Horseman is welll... their horseman, not foot fighters. And I don't think horses(with the exception of centaurs) are allowed in MK. Of course NRS could remove the horses, but still, it would be a bit weird seeing the Horseman fighting on foot.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      One challenge for the Horseman is welll... their horseman, not foot fighters. And I don't think horses(with the exception of centaurs) are allowed in MK. Of course NRS could remove the horses, but still, it would be a bit weird seeing the Horseman fighting on foot.

      They fight on foot in their games they're rarely on them

        Loading editor
    • It would be cool to see an MK version of the 4 horsemen. Maybe best for the next Armageddon game.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      It would be cool to see an MK version of the 4 horsemen. Maybe best for the next Armageddon game.


      That's a wonderful idea.

        Loading editor
    • The 4 horsemen of apocalypse as bosses for Armageddon 2.

        Loading editor
    • Toasty.

        Loading editor
    • I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.

      I think that'd be awesome to see each of their playstyles

        Loading editor
    • Pennywise the clown from IT.

      Given the current situation the character and his franchise are in.. I think he's a very likely character for MK11.

        Loading editor
    • I like where you're going with that. I can also see the Tim Curry Pennywise as one of his variations.

        Loading editor
    • In the low, low chance Nintendo finally gets some love here's an idea.

      Breath of the Wild Link

        Loading editor
    • Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.
      I think that'd be awesome to see each of their playstyles


      So what should Death, War, Conquest, and Famine have in common in playatyle sand what would the differences be?

        Loading editor
    • Viridianveil wrote:
      In the low, low chance Nintendo finally gets some love here's an idea.

      Breath of the Wild Link

      Not in a million years.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.
      I think that'd be awesome to see each of their playstyles

      So what should Death, War, Conquest, and Famine have in common in playatyle sand what would the differences be?

      Death and War are swordsmen compared to Fury who uses a whip and Strife who uses guns

        Loading editor
    • Riley Heligo wrote:
      Viridianveil wrote:
      In the low, low chance Nintendo finally gets some love here's an idea.

      Breath of the Wild Link

      Not in a million years.

      Yep. Not only has Link been in SCII Already, It's apparent all fighting games HATE Nintendo.


        Loading editor
    • Dude, Ed Boon loves Nintendo. It's just a lot of Nintendo characters like Link don't have the MO to fit as a guest in MK like they do in SC or something less graphically violent.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:

      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.
      I think that'd be awesome to see each of their playstyles


      So what should Death, War, Conquest, and Famine have in common in playatyle sand what would the differences be?

      It's Pestilence not Conquest. I think there would be different melee styles along with their own version of their own powers.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:

      Godzillavkk wrote:

      Guldir wrote:
      Dragonspyne wrote:
      I suppose of the four horsemen were to become playable characters then they should be one character with 4 variatioms.
      I think that'd be awesome to see each of their playstyles

      So what should Death, War, Conquest, and Famine have in common in playatyle sand what would the differences be?
      It's Pestilence not Conquest. I think there would be different melee styles along with their own version of their own powers.

      I'm talking about the horsemen from Darksiders, it's why I said Fury, Strife, War and Death

        Loading editor
    • Oh, well, I was talking about an actual 4 horsemen of the apocalypse and not guest characters. But I suppose that it could work the other way too.

        Loading editor
    • nah i think mk's own personal take on the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse is way cooler and has way more room for creativity. 

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Oh, well, I was talking about an actual 4 horsemen of the apocalypse and not guest characters. But I suppose that it could work the other way too.

      Maybe both could occur and become costumes for the other

        Loading editor
    • This might sound idiot, but what about one of H. P. Lovecraft's creatures? Perhaps Cthulhu in a reduced form. It could be similar to Goro in size. Cthulhu, or any other, could also be like Shinnok, an elder being in a human form fighting to conquer Earthrealm. 

        Loading editor
    • I could see smaller versions of HP Lovecraft characters Kombating our favorite fighters.

        Loading editor
    • cthulhu and all of lovecraft's creations are metal and all, but theyre incomprehensibly powerful creatures far beyond our concept of god. looking into the eyes cthulhu is enough to instantly drive a human unsalvageablely insane. it would be an insulting downplay of lovecraft's characters to have them fight hollywood movie stars and shit. the only option would be simply lovecraft-inspired characters, which is still an awesome idea.

        Loading editor
    • Not unless their backstory reveals they've somehow lost a good chunk of their power.

        Loading editor
    • That would be an insult to Lovecraft and his work.

        Loading editor
    • Honor belongs to the living, the dead have no need for it.

        Loading editor
    • That's a very narrow minded point of view and doesn't stop it completely shitting on his work, if you actually took the time to read his work you'd understand why he's so well respected in the genre of his work and why it still has a following today, I guess George Romero's respect should be disregarded because he died then.

        Loading editor
    • Chill bro. I doubt they would ever add someone or something that was actually made by him. A new character, inspired by his work, would be much more likely.

        Loading editor
    • I am chill, just more perplexed and annoyed at the ignorance shown. A character based I have no problem, but throwing in say Cthulu and saying "He got weak" is just insulting.

        Loading editor
    • Well how else could they be put into the level of MK?

        Loading editor
    • Simple, you don't. Like Fireworks said, inspired characters would functionally be better.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote: Honor belongs to the living, the dead have no need for it.

      yeah dude, fuck all of those men and women who sacrificed themselves in ww2 to defeat the axis powers. theyre dead so who cares.

        Loading editor
    • "Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."~Yoda

      "Don't pity the dead Harry, pity the living."~Dumbledore

      I rest my case.

        Loading editor
    • ...by quoting FICTIONAL characters? youre saying its okay to disrespect all dead people, specifically the victims of ww2 and hp lovecraft, by citing characters from kids movies? reevaluate your life, dude.

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote: "Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."~Yoda

      "Don't pity the dead Harry, pity the living."~Dumbledore

      I rest my case.

      neither of those quotes reinforce your "point" whatsoever lmao. why is it so hard for you to admit that you said something ignorant and stupid?

        Loading editor
    • I did'nt know Lovecraft was considered divine, well, not to me, he is just a guy who wrote interesting stuffs. Nothing is beyond adaptation. Probably someone will feel offended and will insult back, but, it's just my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • who said lovecraft was divine? he was a legendary writer and i dont think his work should be understated, is all. quit antagonizing people.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote: I did'nt know Lovecraft was considered divine, well, not to me, he is just a guy who wrote interesting stuffs. Nothing is beyond adaptation. Probably someone will feel offended and will insult back, but, it's just my opinion.

      no one said he was divine, Godzilla is just making very generally ignorant comments.

        Loading editor
    • Yulong29 wrote:
      I did'nt know Lovecraft was considered divine, well, not to me, he is just a guy who wrote interesting stuffs. Nothing is beyond adaptation. Probably someone will feel offended and will insult back, but, it's just my opinion.

      Attempting to antagonise isn't really smart. The reason myself and Fireworks blew up on him is because of the ignorant statements he's given, trying to tone down Cthulu or any of Lovecraft's creations is just insulting because of how well written they are, and the fact he pretty much said to disregard him and his legacy as a writer because he's dead.

        Loading editor
    • I think Lovecraft inspired characters would be really cool but not the characters or nerfed versions of the characters. I agree that taking those characters and making them smaller could be a little insulting. If you think about it though, Raiden is a great example of how MK has taken powerful beings and brought them to a "human-ish" level. I would love to see that with Cthulhu.

        Loading editor
    • Except Raiden's one of their own creations and they can do whatever they want with him, the whole point of Lovecraft's work is that these beings are incomprehensibly powerful and well written in that, and as Fireworks said, looking upon Cthulu would drive someone insane to the point they will never be fine again, it'd be insulting to even try and downplay that thing for Cthulu.

        Loading editor
    • I have a good guest character!

      F U J I N ,  G O D  D A M N  I T .

        Loading editor
    • Being serious though, Ash Williams or Bayonetta would make a damn good fit.

        Loading editor
    • Viridianveil wrote:
      Being serious though, Ash Williams or Bayonetta would make a damn good fit.

      Any fatality ideas for them?

        Loading editor
    • Godzillavkk wrote:
      Viridianveil wrote:
      Being serious though, Ash Williams or Bayonetta would make a damn good fit.

      Any fatality ideas for them?

      Well, if there isn't an Ash brutality called Groovy, then you're just dumb.

      I don't have any ideas atm for fatalitys

        Loading editor
    • Ash should get in MK11 for the sick banter he could have with the rest of the cast. Would be the first MK guest to have fully voiced dialogue

        Loading editor
    • Ash would be awesome in MK.

        Loading editor
    • Variations for Ash - Hail to the King Groovy Medieval

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Variations for Ash -

      Hail to the King Groovy Medieval

      How would each vatiations playout

        Loading editor
    • Hai to the King would have his shotgun techniques. Groovy would be his chainsaw techniques. And Medieval would be him with his metal hand and a sword.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      Hai to the King would have his shotgun techniques. Groovy would be his chainsaw techniques. And Medieval would be him with his metal hand and a sword.


      Sounds cool, what would each variation's brutality be?

        Loading editor
    • Off the top of my head, Army of Darkness, Klatu Virata Nikto, and How Do You stop Thus Thing?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:

      Off the top of my head, Army of Darkness, Klatu Virata Nikto, and How Do You stop Thus Thing?

      Good choices

        Loading editor
    • Michael Myers, Terminator, Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Punisher, Sweet Tooth. Fulgore, Nemesis.

        Loading editor
    • Codytlane wrote: Michael Myers, Terminator, Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Punisher, Sweet Tooth. Fulgore, Nemesis.

      Terminator would be super sick.

        Loading editor
    • If the Terminator were to make it in, would he bleed blood or oil? I don't remember which one it is in the movies (if he ever does leak anything at all)

        Loading editor
    • JK45 wrote:
      If the Terminator were to make it in, would he bleed blood or oil? I don't remember which one it is in the movies (if he ever does leak anything at all)

      we can go with oil, like Triborg did

        Loading editor
    • JK45 wrote:
      If the Terminator were to make it in, would he bleed blood or oil? I don't remember which one it is in the movies (if he ever does leak anything at all)

      Would you think Ed Boon might ask Arnold Schwarzenegger to do Terminator's voice if Terminator has the chance to be a DLC character?

        Loading editor
    • JK45 wrote: If the Terminator were to make it in, would he bleed blood or oil? I don't remember which one it is in the movies (if he ever does leak anything at all)

      He has living human tissue. I don't think that they'd ever shown him have anything other than blood in the movies. I think blood would be the better option.

        Loading editor
    • If The Terminator were introduced as a DLC in Mortal Kombat would he scream during the Fatalities? I don't think I've ever seen him scream in pain.

      Terminator would be super cool in Mortal Kombat.

        Loading editor
    • Codytlane wrote:
      JK45 wrote:
      If the Terminator were to make it in, would he bleed blood or oil? I don't remember which one it is in the movies (if he ever does leak anything at all)
      Would you think Ed Boon might ask Arnold Schwarzenegger to do Terminator's voice if Terminator has the chance to be a DLC character?

      For something like Terminator, probably, though they didn't get him for the Johnny Cage commando skin based on the character that Arnold played in the Predator movie, even though they got Carl Weathers for the Jax skin...

      What would Terminator have for a moveset though, guns notwithstanding?

        Loading editor
    • I would love to see Michael Myers and Terminator in this next game. Both fit pretty well. Myers is an unstoppable force while Terminator is a destructive machine.

      Yes, Terminator has blood and not oil.

      Both Master Chief and Marcus Fenix would have to be Xbox exclusive while Filgore and Sweet Tooth would be PlayStation.

      Both Punisher and Nemesis would be great if NRS could get the rights.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonspyne wrote:
      I would love to see Michael Myers and Terminator in this next game. Both fit pretty well. Myers is an unstoppable force while Terminator is a destructive machine.

      Yes, Terminator has blood and not oil.

      Both Master Chief and Marcus Fenix would have to be Xbox exclusive while Filgore and Sweet Tooth would be PlayStation.

      Both Punisher and Nemesis would be great if NRS could get the rights.

      Like they did with Kratos for Mortal Kombat 2011 for PS3.

      Plus... I've seen Fulgore in Xbox too

        Loading editor
    • As cool as they would be I don't think we're ever going to see console exclusive guests again. By the way.. Fulgore is in fact a Xbox only character as Microsoft owns the rights to Killer Instinct

        Loading editor
    • I'd still take like Fulgore over the current direction MK has for guests, to be honest. The well of horror icons is getting dried up now.

        Loading editor
    • Ed Boon is also planning for another crossover game for Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct someday too

        Loading editor
    • When he said it would have to be Xbox exclusive? He was just giving a hypothetical answer to a question there, not that it's being planned, unless there's some other source that it actually is.

        Loading editor
    • @JK: Your right. Totally mixed up consoles with Killer Instinct.

      I seriously doubt there would ever be another MK crossover game ever again unless it really made sense. The only reason why they did MKvsDCU was because it made sense at the time so they can generate a new audience. No matter how awful that game was, I have to admit that it was a good move for MK. DC fans grew to like MK and it made for MK to rise up and gain such success after the upset.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message