|Ultimate Mortal Kombat|
|Release date(s)||November 12 2007|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Rating(s)|| BBFC: 18|
ESRB: Mature (M)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat is a handheld port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 released for the Nintendo DS. It is notable for being a near-arcade perfect port.
The character roster is exact the same one as the arcade version with Classic Sub-Zero, Mileena and Ermac being locked from the start. However, once unlocked, they remain so even after the game is turned off. The Ultimate Kombat Kodes have been cut in half, resulting in five slots due to only one player input. Players must touch the slots in the allotted time a specific number of times based on the original Kodes to unlock them. With the addition of a second screen, players can now view the movelist and finishers of whatever character they are playing as during gameplay, though range specifications and Stage Fatalities are not displayed. Included is the return of Puzzle Kombat from Mortal Kombat Deception, though the locked characters have to be unlocked by accomplishing specific feats during gameplay, as there is an absence of a Krypt. With the addition of a second screen, the actual fighting between the characters and the puzzle gameplay itself are on separate screens so as to no longer obscure actions being made or planned.
Players can play against one another through the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection with a tally of their records, or simply play with others with a DS nearby through DS Download Play if they do not have a copy of the game.
- Kung Lao
- Shang Tsung
- Liu Kang
Roster (Puzzle Kombat)Edit
- The first preview trailer of the game showcases footage from the SNES and Sega Genesis/Megadrive ports instead of the arcade version.
- Through use of a cheat device, one will discover that the coding for the 2 Vs. 2 and 8 Player Tournament modes still exists.
- According to Ed Boon, the game originally had MK2, MK3 and Puzzle Kombat but MK2 was dropped.
- The games difficulty level noticably increases rapidly even on novice making the game extremely dificult for new players.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/#!/noobde/status/46218380117688320 MKII dropped