|Alignment||Good (Formerly Evil)|
- Battle cry
Lai is a fictional fan-made character in the Mortal Kombat series.
Lai originally had a dark past and lived a life of crime. He was part of an evil organization (presumably the Black Dragon). But like Kabal, he realizes that the clan didn't benefit him so he decided to relieve himself of the evil that burdens him so. He went to Nightwolf for spirit cleansing and became a force of good.
Lai then became a member of the White Lotus society along Liu Kang and Kung Lao when he heard about his ancenstors who were members of this ancient organization. He was thought to be killed when the tarkattan horde attacked the Wu Shi Academy in between the events of Mortal Kombat 1 and 2. But he somehow survived and managed to hide from his fellow monks such as Liu Kang and Kung Lao, wanting them to believe he's dead. And when Raiden sends the message to his past self, Lai realizes the Earth must be in immense danger and decides to come out of hiding to reuite with his former allies. Lai swears revenge on Baraka and vows to kill him now that he's out of hiding.
- Mortal Kombat (2011) - (Vignette) Lai once a member of the evil clan known as the Black Dragon. But when it was nearly wiped out by Captain Jackson Briggs, he and Kabal decided to abandon the organization and lived seperate lives. Lai went to China and joined the White Lotus Society, but was presumably murdered by Baraka. Somehow, Lai returned and swore revenge. He entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to slay his killer, Baraka.
- Shaolin Blast — Lai shoots a stream of fire at his opponent simaller to that of Liu Kang's Dragon Fire Move
- Whirlwind Kick — Lai repeatedly kicks his opponent in the air.
- Shaolin Spin — Lai spins and throws his opponent in the air, giving him a free hit.
- Shaolin Soccor Kick - Lai kicks his opponent in the face while performing a back flip.
- Whirlwind Fireballs - Lai performs his Whirlwind kick move but this time, fireballs come out whenever he kicks.
- Karate Chop — Lai kicks his opponent in the chest, which causes his/her rib cage to break. The opponent lowers his/her torso and Lai strikes in the back of the neck, causing it to crush.
- Shaolin Chop — Lai punches his opponent in the abdomen, the opponent falls to his/her knees and lowers the head. Lai strikes his opponent in the back of the neck, causing the head to fall off.
- Lai was based on the creation of Kung Lao. Both were thought to be killed and hold a grudge against their enemies.