Inspired by Gamer68's post, I want to write down my list of what do I expect from MK X.
Starting from what we already seen in the two trailers, I can say there will be from 3 to 6 new characters. In my opinion, the roster should contain at least 36 characters who should be:
- Scorpion (already confirmed; hope to be the protagonist of the story)
- Sub Zero (already confirmed; is he back from the dead?)
- Ogre-and-dwarf character (seen in E3 trailer)
- Bugs queen character (E3 trailer)
- Water cyborg character (E3 trailer; Hydro?)
- New Character
- Sonya Blade
- Johnny Cage
- Shang Tsung
- Liu Kang
- Kung Lao
- Smoke (all characters, from Shang to Smoke, and Sub Zero, are back from the dead and mind-controlled)
- Quan Chi
- Noob and Saibot
- Bo'Rai Cho
- Shinnok (Boss)
I'd also like to see an Oni as the mid boss; in my idea, it should be the soul of Stryker totally corrupted and transformed into a giant demon that uses thunder-based attacks. Story mode should be like Injustice's, with 14 chapters and Scorpion as the protagonist; he starts as a "slave" of Quan Chi but, in the end, learns the truth and turns against him to win the Mortal Kombat tournament.
I think there will be 5-6 DLC characters, and I think they will be:
- Guest character (maybe from the DC Universe, probably Batman or The Joker)
I was also thinking about the woman seen in Jade's ending. Will she be an upcoming menace?
In the end, I hope to see from 13 to 15 stages (some of them possibly multi-tier) and a lot of different arcade modes (like in Injustice).