Mortal Kombat X's roster at E3 2014 only had 24 character slots, but according to Polygon.com, we will be getting more than that. We already knew the roster wasn't final, with the character silhouettes being place holders, and the fact that since the game isn't finished, there could always be more. But Polygon released an article about the game, in the article, it says this:
"Boon says Mortal Kombat X will have a roster at least as big as the last Mortal Kombat — which shipped with nearly 30 fighters — and that "obviously" downloadable characters will follow."
This is awesome, because I really was only expecting 24. I knew that would make since, because when Injustice's roster was shown, there was 24 slots, and 24 characters made it into the game (not including DLC, of course). So, I just thought it might be the same thing, but nope. It looks like we will be getting a few more characters than that.
What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below!
Special thanks to Mystical Jade for linking that article in chat. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have read that.
Source: "Mortal Kombat X" - Polygon.
JohnsThrone found something interesting. Apparently, a man (who leaked things from MK9 and Injustice) has leaked some things from MKX. Please take this with a grain of salt, as it could be fake:
- Liu Kang will be in the game, and he already has a design (on paper). However, he isn't in the game quite yet.
- Tanya is in the game, and a X-Ray for her was tested. It resembled her MK4 Fatality where she twists the neck of her enemy with her thighs.
- The game will have 14 new characters, 14 returning characters (8 returning from MK9, and the other 8 from MK4 and on).
- They are planning a roster of 30 characters (weird, because they said 14 new, and 14 returning characters which is 28, not 30...)
- Sheeva is not in the game.
- A nice part of the story will be devoted to after the events of MK9 (the whole MK4 and Shinnok thing). Shinnok is also said to be in the game.
- There's a reptile-like man in the game. No one knows who he is, possibly Reptile, or Chameleon. He could also be a new character, that could take Reptile's place or something.
Anyway, that sounds pretty cool, but again, this is just a rumor. It could be fake, or if it's real, some of these things (like the Reptile Man) could be scrapped before the game comes out. Remember, I did not find this, JohnsThrone did, so he gets full credit for this.